Player comments

Bugeaters1

On 1/3/2020 at 9:04 PM, Bugeaters1 said:

I have heard that players visit the HHC board and read what we are talking about. So you may want to think about what you are saying before you post.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I dont visit the womens section too often (though i do follow the team). But same could be said for the mens section of the board too. Hate when i see posters (not saying it happens a lot on this board; especially compared to others) completely crap on a player or insist on calling for certain players to transfer. These are all young men and women doing the best they can on the court for us as fans, themselves, the university, and their teammates and coaches; all while living a whole other life off of the court that we completely ignore most of the time.

I know i am guilty of it too, so its a good reminder.

i think many of the discussion(s) on this board have been around since the beginning of sports. i played sports back in the 70's (football, bb, track, and baseball) and heard just about all of the same type of comments that you see in this boards discussions. kinda the nature of sports-------until the personal comments start to get thrown around------and i think the far majority have stayed away from such commentary. emotions have a tendency to run high when it comes to athletic competition and like i stated, for the vast majority of us it isn't personal. criticism in some shape or form will always be there, especially in athletics. but, when it comes down to it-----we all know how hard players work, the blood, sweat, and tears that are put out on that court, or field. goes for the coach and the staff(s), too. no doubt it can get maddening at times when we know how good "they" can play and we aren't seeing the effort there (or whatever you may choose to call it)....i think the msu game may be a good example 😉 excuse the ramble, hope you all understand. 98% are just big husker fans and want to see them all do well in sports. 

btw, was trying to post the video of coach clapping her hands and walking over to the postgame huddle but for some reason didn't work. was just going to mention when i see some videos of her always reminds me when i was young and watching coach and her brother crawling around on the bleachers! and, now, her she is coach of the team i root for!😆

Honestly, I think many of these kids have a thicker skin that some people think.  That doesn't mean anyone should get highly personal in their comments, but criticism of a particular play (bad pass, butterfinger hands, etc) is something they have likely heard from the time they started playing sports.  I think back to things that were said to my daughter by other parents when she played various sports growing up (and they were said to her face, or during the game when she was on the court/pitch/whatever), and she learned to let it roll off her back.  At least with an online forum they have the choice of reading the comments (or not).

This particular board has historically tried to take the high road regarding players.....going back to my mentor...so to speak....the Row 6 Seat 10 days.  I have stayed here in large part because of this. Guess it's been learned with experience reading all the many posts here, and on other forums. Just don't want to be part of the game of hiding behind a screen an saying stuff  a person would never say face to face. 

Sure, have become frustrated now and then when the team doesn't have their best day on the court, or circumstances can become ugly like in the Connie exit days.

No one's blind to the fact a particular player messes up, or doesn't have the skills hoped for.....the player knows it as well as teammates and fans. I'll leave it to the Coach to work with an issue...their paid to do it, and hopefully the Coach will do it with the players dignity left intact. 

Have said it before, any given player always has my respect for getting out on the court in front of thousands and tries as hard as they can. They don't try to throw a bad pass, or miss a shot. 

All I will ever ask is that they try their best, while being a good representative of NU. 

Edited by redsteve