Charles O'Bannon Jr -> USC -> TCU

Be interesting to see, wherever he ends up, if he gets a waiver to play immediately next year.

He sat out part of his sophomore year due to injury and that would, I believe, give him a medical redshirt.

But then he played in a few games this season before entering the portal. If there's not a new injury to sideline him for the season, I don't think he has a Copeland-esque waiver opportunity. Instead, he's in the same basic boat as Shamiel Stevenson. But will they treat him the same?

2 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Be interesting to see, wherever he ends up, if he gets a waiver to play immediately next year.

He sat out part of his sophomore year due to injury and that would, I believe, give him a medical redshirt.

But then he played in a few games this season before entering the portal. If there's not a new injury to sideline him for the season, I don't think he has a Copeland-esque waiver opportunity. Instead, he's in the same basic boat as Shamiel Stevenson. But will they treat him the same?

I believe he's been dinged up this year a bit too. Looks like a sprained ankle and something with his finger

38 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

His window to get enrolled in a school is closing. If there's no word about a visit, my guess is no visit is forthcoming. Onto the next one.

2nd semester starts the 13th and last day to register is the 21st

Seems probable he doesn't end up here though just because those other schools have a lot more to offer in terms of playing time for shooting guards

9 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

2nd semester starts the 13th and last day to register is the 21st

Seems probable he doesn't end up here though just because those other schools have a lot more to offer in terms of playing time for shooting guards

Do they? He would have to sit out next season and Burke Green and Thor will all be Seniors and I assume Banton and Stevenson will be the 1-2 at the 3..

At this point you're looking at a probable starting guard pair of Mack and Allen but the backups are Arop and what Easley?

• hhcmatt changed the title to Charles O'Bannon Jr -> USC -> TCU