• Petteway
  • Shields
  • Roby

• Webster
  • Jeter
  • White
  • Copeland
  • Ubel

I assume the first 5 names are the first team - I'd agree with those. (EDIT: I see now there is text just under the names in the slide show for first and second teams.)

White doesn't belong on 2nd team though - I'd go Talley or Pitchford. Maybe DIaz. Hell, I'd take Spencer over White, if we're going for guys who were here one year.

Slideshow:

https://www.omaha.com/sports/college/huskers/teams/mens-basketball/s-nebraska-basketball-all-decade-team/collection_46b3d909-b65f-5485-8554-35db4cf1d9e3.html

Analysis:

https://www.omaha.com/sports/college/huskers/plus/heady-s-had-ups-and-downs-but-nebraska-basketball-all/article_102e2eb3-fe88-5436-a51d-5a5bf60edd69.html

Edited by throwback

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

Biggest disagreement is White.  To me, a guy like Pitchford was much better.  Even if he had a bad 2nd year.

When Nebraska was rolling  down the stretch in 2014, Pitchford was such a vital part of the team's success.  My memory is fuzzy now but it literally seemed like every game he would start the game off with a three from the top of the arc and set the tone.  He was the most underrated player from the big 3 that season.  

Recency (i.e. past 2-3 years) definitely played a part in naming that "All Decade" team. And, not sure how one could leave off one-year wonders, so both AW-III & Bo Spencer would have made the list.

I'd likely have had Lance Jeter on the 1st team instead of Roby, who had a decent 3-year run, but Jeter was far more integral to the team's success when he was playing.

And I hope the next decade it will be hard to decide because of all the Big Dance success !!

Maric was awesome.  This decades team lacks an all-star first team frontline brusier.  That defines the last 10 years.   It's not short on wings though.

I like Copeland as a first team PF and tempted to put Jeter in over Watson.    I suppose I'd  have to slide Roby to center.     Shields would be the famed 6th man. 

I'd put either Tai or Lance over Glynn.  Glynn stayed four years but was never "The Man" nor did he play on a Tourney team.  Lance didn't give us many years, but was easily our best player while here.  Tai was both a solid role player on our most productive team of the decade, and was our best player in his senior season.  I'd probably go with Tai among those three choices, but could be convinced to give Lance the nod instead.  Glynn is a second teamer in my book.

Ubel and Roby are pretty close to each other, but I think they got it right going with Roby.  The other three first teamers were locks.

30 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Thought it would be fun to do an All-Under-appreciated team of the decade as well...  here’s what I got...

Benny P

Thor

Ray G

David Rivers

Tanner B 

Honorable Mention

Dylan Talley 

Caleb Walker

I'd put Leslie Smith ahead of Tanner and Rivers. 

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

Thought about including him.  For some reason I remember him having knee issues that kind of held him back though?

Smith is seldom talked about when reminiscing of the 2014 tournament team. He was injured that summer playing for his national team. At the time, the consensus was we'd still be a top-20 team. We certainly were not. His contributions were - and are - severely underappreciated. 

I absolutely LOVE Ray Gallegos' inclusion on your list, though!

There should be a minimum number of games/minutes played to qualify for these all-decade teams. If last season had happened in 2012, no one on here would be mentioning Johnny Trueblood. It was cool and is fresh in our Nebrasketball memories, but his performance does not warrant even honorable mention on an under-appreciated all-decade team. I loved it, but c'mon.