Average points per game  71.14   69.41
Average points give up per game 66.31   67.03

RealTimeRPI GAMER - Game Prediction Analysis

GAMER Score Prediction:  Nebraska 68   Michigan St. 72
GAMER Likely Score Range (68% chance): 62 ~ 74   62 ~ 82
GAMER Winning Probability: 41.7%   58.3 %
GAMER Winning Odds: 1 to 1.4   1.4 to 1

1 hour ago, redsteve said:

Call me Homer on this one. Our vibes are just too good right now.

NU by 6 

(wish we were playing at home....could be the difference for MSU, but we can play well on the road)

i agree----if defense shows up like it did against iowa, huskers could definitely walk out of there with a 'w'. i expect a back and forth game---a number of lead changes. has the makings of a good one. being a road game, may need to hold msu to around that 65 mark. i think a shootout would be advantage msu.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

1 hour ago, whoopdeedoo said:

i agree----if defense shows up like it did against iowa, huskers could definitely walk out of there with a 'w'. i expect a back and forth game---a number of lead changes. has the makings of a good one. being a road game, may need to hold msu to around that 65 mark. i think a shootout would be advantage msu.

That is what Jeff (Griesch) said during the Duke game:  "You Don't want to get in a shooting-match with Duke; But then right after Taylor Kissinger answered with a couple of treys he said: "Maybe you Do want to get in a shooting-match with Duke!"  :Lol:

(But then again we won't have Taylor Kissinger (6 treys) available for this game. :Redface: )

image.gif

We shot about 37% 3's in the Iowa game, without Kissenger. Not a great percentage...but certainly decent. If you would guarantee a near 37-40% at MSU...it would be another reason to like our chances.

Interestingly in the Iowa game we didn't make a 3 in the 4th qtr.....and only shot a 3 once.  Was it coincidence or intentional ?

Speaking of 3's,  @AuroranHusker posted some stats for Treys by the Men, which got me to thinking (always a dangerous adventure :Redface:)  there might be something similar for WBB.  (just don't ask me What it all Means!  :Lol:)

Att           Made         %

Whitish, Hannah

33.8%

Brown, Leigha

Haiby, Sam

Kissinger, Taylor

Eliely, Nicea

Veerbeek, Ashtyn

Bourne, Isabelle

Mitchell, Grace

Hudson, Kristian

Mershon, Kayla

Brady, Trinity

Helms, Makenzie

Cain, Kate

Total

Opponents

Edited by Red Don

17 hours ago, Red Don said:

That is what Jeff (Griesch) said during the Duke game:  "You Don't want to get in a shooting-match with Duke; But then right after Taylor Kissinger answered with a couple of treys he said: "Maybe you Do want to get in a shooting-match with Duke!"  :Lol:

(But then again we won't have Taylor Kissinger (6 treys) available for this game. :Redface: )

image.gif

yeah, i laughed when i heard jeff state that too. 😄 not that the huskers won't or can't light it up (like they did at iowa a few years ago, and i think it was at Purdue and someone else could probably think of a few more over the years). just think with both defenses and msu at home, odds of a high scoring game are low.

msu defense at home averaged 48pts----having said that, during non-con, i don't think they had real stiff competition.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

Big Ten games for Dec 31:

Dec. 31, 2019  Penn State at Michigan Ann Arbor, MI 2:00 pm     
  Nebraska at Michigan State East Lansing, MI 2:00 pm     
  Illinois at Iowa Iowa City, IA 3:00 pm     
  Indiana at Rutgers Piscataway, NJ 3:00 pm     
  Wisconsin at Purdue West Lafayette, IN 4:00 pm     
  Ohio State at Minnesota Minneapolis, MN 5:00 pm     
  Maryland at Northwestern Evanston, IL 5:00 pm     

a few interesting matchups: love to see Northwestern knock off Maryland

which osu team will show up (they lost one top rated fr---gonna rs)

indiana @ rutgers   i want indiana to win

Edited by whoopdeedoo