uneblinstu’s postgame chatter: vol 12; ed 12 - North Dakota

uneblinstu

Just have to laugh at the nebraska of this master nebrasketballing job right here. If anyone from the outside needs an example of what the verb "nebrasketballing" (hold for better term) is, give them this games tape. 

At this point from a seasoned husker fans perspective, it continues to be depressing but also, hilarious.😂 

Have to think that's a teaching opp for fred. Rough rough way to send the players and everyone into the holidays. 😢 GBR

Bo Pelini once said “You watched the game, what’d you think?”

that’s all that needs to be said tonight.  Losses like this shouldn’t happen... period.  Losses like this are embarrassing.  Losses like this happen maybe once every so many years... not once a month (or more).

Edited by hskr4life

1 minute ago, hskr4life said:

No Pelini once said “You watched the game, what’d you think?”

that’s all that needs to be said tonight.  Losses like this shouldn’t happen... period.  Losses like this are embarrassing.  Losses like this happen maybe once every so many years... not once a month (or more).

We've been accustomed the last decade to lose a cupcake game a year. Now we've lost 3 all in this season alone.

2 hours ago, Husker Hoops Penitent said:

Though I am no expert I am not sure how significant Ouedraogo's role will be in future years, especially with the recruiting prowess this staff seems to possess.

Hopefully there will be some coaching with the young man.  Add in, weight room work and I think he will be okay.  He can be painful to watch right now.

Edited by colhusker

Yvan right now is playing smaller than his size. He needs to learn how to carve out space for himself under the bucket, weight/leverage/balance, all need work. He has yet to master the “wide stance” made famous by Senator Larry Craig @ the St Paul International Airport...

When your bigs miss more than ten bunnies against ND a loss is likely. I know they are young and I know they will get better but Mack should have had 13-15 assists tonight.

Without Kavas hitting 4-5 on threes we lose by ten to fifteen.

Our D tonight was pathetic which reminds me that I said to my wife that Doc was not involved at all when the coaches huddled during time outs before addressing the team. She watched and agreed.

Mack played very well.

But all I can say is onward and upward.

Very, very poor effort defensively.  One specific example was Jervay letting a guard blast right by him and he didn’t even give chase- just watched him drive and score. Was very evident that not everybody came to play. And I know this is in the past and he’s gone, but during the game I kept telling myself, if Cam Mack gives some of those passes down low to Brady, with those looks close to the basket, he’s going more than 3-10. 

Yes, strange because Green has, and can be a very good defender. I hope the staff re-awakens him and helps him regain his enthusiasm for the game.

We do need a couple of options down low or nothing will ever be achieved regardless of the quality and depth being stockpiled on the wings. I love Hoiberg's philosophy and look forward to seeing who rounds out the roster in the next year.

2 hours ago, Husker Hoops Penitent said:

Though I am no expert I am not sure how significant Ouedraogo's role will be in future years, especially with the recruiting prowess this staff seems to possess.

I don't understand this thought process/concern. And this isn't to single you out. At 6'9", 260lbs, 17y.o., and a freshman this is the type of big body player we have clamored for in years past. Usually with the thinking if we could get this type of player, he would be a little raw, somewhat over looked, probably off the radar and that is how we would get that kind of recruit. Young man is gonna be 20 y.o. as a junior. The amount of physical change likely to occur with this young man is pretty significant. I will bet dollars to donuts this kid at least turns into a guy that allows us to through him out against the bigs in the big ten so we can at least neutralizes the opposing teams 5. And I see his floor as we get that for at least 2 years assuming he stays through his senior. And my opinion is that's worth 4 years of scholarship. And this is what I believe the floor to be

5 hours ago, cornfed24-7 said:

I don't understand this thought process/concern. And this isn't to single you out. At 6'9", 260lbs, 17y.o., and a freshman this is the type of big body player we have clamored for in years past. Usually with the thinking if we could get this type of player, he would be a little raw, somewhat over looked, probably off the radar and that is how we would get that kind of recruit. Young man is gonna be 20 y.o. as a junior. The amount of physical change likely to occur with this young man is pretty significant. I will bet dollars to donuts this kid at least turns into a guy that allows us to through him out against the bigs in the big ten so we can at least neutralizes the opposing teams 5. And I see his floor as we get that for at least 2 years assuming he stays through his senior. And my opinion is that's worth 4 years of scholarship. And this is what I believe the floor to be

I hope he's 20 years old as a junior, because that means he will have redshirted. Otherwise, he's 20 as a senior. His birthday is March 22, so when we in the Sweet Sixteen in 2022, he will be a 20-year-old junior for a week or so, but that's it.

2 hours ago, jayschool said:

I hope he's 20 years old as a junior, because that means he will have redshirted. Otherwise, he's 20 as a senior. His birthday is March 22, so when we in the Sweet Sixteen in 2022, he will be a 20-year-old junior for a week or so, but that's it.

I meant school year but I like this rationale better. 20 y.o. for his senior season. 😳

1 hour ago, LK1 said:

Hot take:  I don’t think Green is a better player than Easley.  

I very well may agree with you...or at the very least, I'm starting to see evidence that Green may be part of the problem and not part of the solution. Not possible to say with certainty yet. But 2 games against B1G competition without him and there was a drastically improved energy we didn't see yesterday.

16 minutes ago, demone said:

I very well may agree with you...or at the very least, I'm starting to see evidence that Green may be part of the problem and not part of the solution. Not possible to say with certainty yet. But 2 games against B1G competition without him and there was a drastically improved energy we didn't see yesterday.

I think Easley is stronger, tougher, more alert, more coachable, and more of a deep threat.  

Edited by LK1

36 minutes ago, LK1 said:

I think Easley is stronger, tougher, more alert, more coachable, and more of a deep threat.  

I won’t argue - the “more coachable” aspect is what I referred to previously and believe it’s the most important.