Fast forward a year

Norm Peterson

9 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

I'd imagine we'll likely know one way (perhaps in a roundabout way) based on how many more players Hoiberg & Co. plan to sign this spring.

Think the travel restrictions will make it more difficult for HCFH to hit up the transfer market?

On 3/15/2020 at 8:02 AM, REDitus said:

So to summarize would this be correct?

Burke - Moving on

Mack - Moving on

Green - Moving on

Arop - Staying?

Easley - Staying but not on a 'ship?

Thor - Staying

Cross - Staying

Yvan - Staying

Returning Redshirts:  Walker,Stevenson,Banton

Incoming:  Mayan,Allen,Webster,King

I'll guess cross moves on and we get Sanogo to commit. I think that puts us at 11 schollies counting Arop. Then we'll probably try to add 2 sit-out transfers I would imagine. 

*You forgot King so I added him. 

Edited by GoBigFred

1 hour ago, GoBigFred said:

I'll guess cross moves on and we get Sanogo to commit. I think that puts us at 11 schollies counting Arop. Then we'll probably try to add 2 sit-out transfers I would imagine. 

Green and Cross seemed pretty tight so while I hope Cross stays I could see this!

1 hour ago, GoBigFred said:

Cross isn’t playing the 5 next season, and who in their right mind would want Cross gone before Arop?  

Cross was a good true freshman playing out of position the entire season.  He’s a talented young player.  

6 minutes ago, LK1 said:

Cross isn’t playing the 5 next season, and who in their right mind would want Cross gone before Arop?  

Cross was a good true freshman playing out of position the entire season.  He’s a talented young player.  

I dont think anyone is predicting players they want gone but instead players they think will leave.

I agree that Cross would not see much, if any, minutes at 5 next season. But I also dont think he will see many minutes period. Which is why i think he will leave. 

5 hours ago, khoock said:

Think the travel restrictions will make it more difficult for HCFH to hit up the transfer market?

Yeah, it's definitely a challenge -- dudes out there available know that NU stunk this year so ample P.T. ought to be a carrot in front of 'em. We'll have to wait & see how it plays out, logistically.

2 hours ago, LK1 said:

Where did I say I wanted Cross gone before Arop? I said I THINK Cross is going to leave, and I THINK Arop is going to stay. 

It doesn't matter what any of us want. Last year everyone wanted Thor to leave, including some of his coaches. But Fred wanted him to stay, and so he did.

Edited by GoBigFred

18 minutes ago, Busch Light said:

If Cross works hard on development (weights, shot, defense, confidence, etc.), he will be taking minutes from people, not the other way around. Cross has a high ceiling. Is the work ethic there?  

doubt he stays. y'van started all year and now you're throwing walker into the mix.

46 minutes ago, Busch Light said:

If Cross works hard on development (weights, shot, defense, confidence, etc.), he will be taking minutes from people, not the other way around. Cross has a high ceiling. Is the work ethic there?  

Considering that he turned himself from nobody into a power 5 talent and spent the year getting his butt kicked by bigger guys while asking for more I feel like motivation is no problem.

4 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Cross will be the starting 4 next season. Don’t get exactly why people are so high on Walker 

Your statement is implying that people are thinking Kevin Cross and Derrick Walker are competing for the starting 4 spot. From what I can gather, most people think Derrick Walker will be competing with Yvan Ouedraogo for playing time at the 5. 

11 minutes ago, khoock said:

Your statement is implying that people are thinking Kevin Cross and Derrick Walker are competing for the starting 4 spot. From what I can gather, most people think Derrick Walker will be competing with Yvan Ouedraogo for playing time at the 5. 

This. Cross will be with Mayen at the 4 most likely, and I’m guessing he’ll get similar minutes to this season.  

4 hours ago, GoBigFred said:

Where did I say I wanted Cross gone before Arop? I said I THINK Cross is going to leave, and I THINK Arop is going to stay. 

It doesn't matter what any of us want. Last year everyone wanted Thor to leave, including some of his coaches. But Fred wanted him to stay, and so he did.

Why on earth would Cross leave?  You implied in your prior post  it would be because of a Sanogo commit.  Sanogo is a straight up 5.

If his commitment were to force anyone out, there’s no way it’s Cross before Arop.   

I’m not claiming you want anything to happen, to be clear.  I just don’t know why people are speculating Cross wants out unless they know something I don’t.  

1 hour ago, FredsSlacks said:

doubt he stays. y'van started all year and now you're throwing walker into the mix.

Hmm, I am not convinced that they will be playing the same "position" in the future.   They did this year out of necessity.   Moving forward, that may no longer be the case.

14 hours ago, LK1 said:

Why on earth would Cross leave?  You implied in your prior post  it would be because of a Sanogo commit.  Sanogo is a straight up 5.

If his commitment were to force anyone out, there’s no way it’s Cross before Arop.   

I’m not claiming you want anything to happen, to be clear.  I just don’t know why people are speculating Cross wants out unless they know something I don’t.  

No Cross would have nothing to do with Sanogo. Walker, Ouedraogo and Sanogo would all be a 5. Cross is an undersized 4 or an unathletic 3. He isn't 6-8, more like 6-6 or 6-7 at best.

Why would he leave? Maybe Fred didn't like his game and told him he won't see the floor much. He was the worst three shooter on the team besides Easley. He was the worst overall shooter on the team besides Easley. The amount of three pointers he attempted per minute played are almost laughable for a percentage like his. He took 116 threes in 587 minutes and missed 72% of them. By comparison one of the best shooters in the nation, Tyler Hagedorn of South Dakota (Norfolk native), shot 51.4% from three and took 140 of them in 955 minutes and missed 49% of them.

I could be way wrong and kind of hope to be because I think he has a ton of potential if he can turn his shooting around. But if Fred said this to him:

Dalano Banton

Kobe King

Kobe Webster

Shamiel Stevenson

Yvan Ouedraogo

Thor 

Teddy Allen

Lat Mayen

Derrick Walker

are the 9 guys we're going to roll out next year, maybe he'll just decide to go to some mid-major and be one of the team's 2 or 3 best players.

Edited by GoBigFred

5 hours ago, GoBigFred said:

Why would he leave? Maybe Fred didn't like his game and told him he won't see the floor much. He was the worst three shooter on the team besides Easley. He was the worst overall shooter on the team besides Easley. The amount of three pointers he attempted per minute played are almost laughable for a percentage like his. He took 116 threes in 587 minutes and missed 72% of them. By comparison one of the best shooters in the nation, Tyler Hagedorn of South Dakota (Norfolk native), shot 51.4% from three and took 140 of them in 955 minutes and missed 49% of them.

Cross took all those 3s because they gave him the green light. The guy is a post player who can handle the ball, shoot from outside, has good court vision, and has an aggressive scoring mentality.  Feels like if he did transfer it's because he wasn't happy, not Nebraska