Fast forward a year

Norm Peterson

4 hours ago, thrasher31 said:

I'm not going to speculate on who leaves/stays yet, but Robin mentioned on the HOL podcast that they could expect anywhere from 2-4 guys leave because of lesser roles next year. I can think of a few guys that may fit that mold, but I'm going to let it play out

Given they're probably getting consistently beaten in practice it isn't rocket science to guess some would realize their playing time was toast and move on.

i will guarantee we have more than 7 wins a year from now.

as far as guys leaving i would guess Arop, Easley, and Cross are the top candidates. Maybe burke if he can grad transfer. Maybe green if he wants a bigger role.

unless we land a big recruit i predict our starting lineup next year will be Cam, Thor, Teddy,Dalano, and Y'van/Walker.

Edited by FredsSlacks

11 hours ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

I am certain someone will transfer.  How do I know this?  I can see the future.  I have been hesitant to share this with the board but I feel like the time is now.  And, for a limited time only, I will tell you your future if you send me $19.99 to a nondescript PO box.  Send me a DM and I'll get you all the details!

PS.  I've intentionally missed my game picks this year to not give away my secret but it's no coincidence that I took home the non-existent first place prize last year in my first full year participating in the pick em contest. 

Does it have to be in gift card form?  Because I already tried that with some Prince earlier this month and still haven't received my fortune as promised.

7 hours ago, Husker Hoops Penitent said:

FredsSlacks, interesting position. I am curious about your thoughts on Cross. What makes you think he is likely to leave?

Not to speak for the OP, but the thought on Cross is he is more of a development project. Yes he will be better next year but he has A LOT to work on. Shamiel Stevenson, Dalano Banton, Derrick Walker and Lat Mayen are coming in and all being advertised to provide some or all of the things Cross does.

Not a huge reach to think his 20 MPG would go down. Losing PT makes a lot of kids transfer. 

9 hours ago, khoock said:

Not to speak for the OP, but the thought on Cross is he is more of a development project. Yes he will be better next year but he has A LOT to work on. Shamiel Stevenson, Dalano Banton, Derrick Walker and Lat Mayen are coming in and all being advertised to provide some or all of the things Cross does.

Not a huge reach to think his 20 MPG would go down. Losing PT makes a lot of kids transfer. 

But you are always 1 injury away from play a lot of minutes.

Can’t see Cross transferring.  I think he’ll split time with Mayen at the 4 and might even start.  

Mack 

Banton - Burke

Allen - Green

Mayen - Cross

Stevenson - Walker/Yvan

That’s my guess.  I think Stevenson will start at the 5 because he’s too good to leave on the bench and will create havoc in transition.  He’s a serviceable 3pt shooter too.  If Mack has an open lane and good finishers he will murder next season.  With Mayen and Stevenson at the 4-5, our perimeter defense should be incredible as we can switch on everything and close out quickly.  

1 hour ago, khoock said:

That lineup gives you almost everything: size, length, athleticism, ball handling, etc. All we would be missing is legitimate shooting.

Allen can give you that, but with Burke (6-14 from deep in the last three games) and Thor (42 percent on the year), we can bring it off the bench. With a year under his belt, Cross may be able to improve his stroke and provide some of that as a stretch 4, and Mayen has show that he can shoot the 3 as well. Throw in Green and Easley, and if only one of those players becomes "legitimate," our shooting improves.

There are possibilities at legitimacy. Now Keisei Tominaga in 2021-22  ... he's legit.

Edited by jayschool

1 hour ago, jayschool said:

Allen can give you that, but with Burke (6-14 from deep in the last three games) and Thor (42 percent on the year), we can bring it off the bench. With a year under his belt, Cross may be able to improve his stroke and provide some of that as a stretch 4, and Mayen has show that he can shoot the 3 as well. Throw in Green and Easley, and if only one of those players becomes "legitimate," our shooting improves.

There are possibilities at legitimacy. Now Keisei Tominaga in 2021-22  ... he's legit.

Agree. We will have some shooting depth to work with. I was just referring to the starting 5 and that 1-5 it was lacking some shooting as of right now. 

2 hours ago, bball23 said:

I apologize if this has been brought up.  Robin in his weekly chat deal mentioned there may be news soon of an immediate impact recruit.  Which could then give us a different look on all of the lineup projections for next year.  Will be interested to see the news!

I hope this is Witt, he seems high on him.

5 hours ago, bball23 said:

I apologize if this has been brought up.  Robin in his weekly chat deal mentioned there may be news soon of an immediate impact recruit.  Which could then give us a different look on all of the lineup projections for next year.  Will be interested to see the news!

Hopeful this is Carter Whitt. Only other guy I can think of is Adama Sanogo.

Really hoping it's Whitt