Thorir Thorbjarnarson --> 3

Shamiel Stevenson --> 3&4

Dalano Banton --> 1,2,3,4

Akol Arop --> 4

Kevin Cross --> 4

Lat Mayen --> 4&5

Yvan Ouedraogo --> 5

Derrick Walker --> 5

Here are the realistic spots i think each player can contribute. I know some players CAN play different positions but that doesnt mean we WANT to see them there (i.e. Thor at the four, Cross at the five, etc)

Edited by khoock

1 hour ago, khoock said:

Cam Mack --> 1

Jervay Green --> 1&2

Dachon Burke --> 2

Charlie Easley --> 2

Teddy Allen --> 2,3,4

Akol Arop --> 4

Kevin Cross --> 4

Lat Mayen --> 4&5

Yvan Ouedraogo --> 5

Derrick Walker --> 5

Here are the realistic spots i think each player can contribute. I know some players CAN play different positions but that doesnt mean we WANT to see them there (i.e. Thor at the four, Cross at the 5, etc)

A few of these guys are likely not gonna be on campus in ten months 

1 hour ago, khoock said:

Cam Mack --> 1

Jervay Green --> 1&2

Dachon Burke --> 2

Charlie Easley --> 2

Teddy Allen --> 2,3,4

Akol Arop --> 4

Kevin Cross --> 4

Lat Mayen --> 4&5

Yvan Ouedraogo --> 5

Derrick Walker --> 5

Here are the realistic spots i think each player can contribute. I know some players CAN play different positions but that doesnt mean we WANT to see them there (i.e. Thor at the four, Cross at the five, etc)

I don’t think with Fred it makes much difference. 2-4 seem to be fairly interchangeable

6 hours ago, Husker Hoops Penitent said:

I am curious to know who B-town hoopsfan (and anyone else on this board) thinks will not return.

I have no clue, that’s just how things work these days. Plus we are Nebraska, guys we think are locks to return when seasons end find a way to end up leaving. 

Burke I’m guessing will graduate and be able to grad transfer if he wants. Ivan or cross or likely both will be looking at less minutes next year. Never know on Arop if he gets buried on the depth chart like he was before Curtis left and kavas got injured. Only two guys I would say for sure come back are easily and green. 

42 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Burke I’m guessing will graduate and be able to grad transfer if he wants. Ivan or cross or likely both will be looking at less minutes next year. Never know on Arop if he gets buried on the depth chart like he was before Curtis left and kavas got injured. Only two guys I would say for sure come back are easily and green. 

You might want to rethink being sure about Green.

A few weeks ago, I felt that Easley and Green were two of the most likely candidates to leave. I think Green is more likely to stay now that he seems to be settling in to D1 basketball. I doubt Easley will be put on scholarship again next season, so he may want to transfer to a school that offers a full-ride and more playing time.

However, I know nothing of the Easley family's financial situation. Perhaps a scholarship doesn't matter?

55 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Let me rephrase it. He won’t leave unless he’s asked to. Wouldn’t make a whole lot of sense to sit a year to play a year unless he wanted to transfer down a level

Unfortunately, what makes sense isn't necessarily the driving factor these days.  Lots of head-scratchers these days.   Jordy Tshimanga comes to mind, but there are lots of other examples.  Lots of family and handlers in kids' heads these days, in addition to the ages and maturity levels of the players.     And it seems like more players are committing to the coach who recruited them rather than a school or program.   As in Thomas Allen, who was basically gone when Kenya left (although it took a year). 

Edited by HB

On 2/18/2020 at 1:08 PM, dustystehl said:

I doubt Easley will be put on scholarship again next season, so he may want to transfer to a school that offers a full-ride and more playing time.

However, I know nothing of the Easley family's financial situation. Perhaps a scholarship doesn't matter?

Scholarship may not. But i dont blame him if PT does. 

I could see him starting at a school like UNO and being a 25-30 MPG kinda guy. 

He will more than likely be riding the pine next year and if he does continue to stay in the rotation, or crack it again later in his career, he prob wont see more than 10-12 MPG. If he is okay with that, and his family can handle an on again off again scholarship situation, he is an absolute steal for NU.

But he is definitely capable of filling a much larger role somewhere else.

On 2/18/2020 at 12:16 AM, Husker Hoops Penitent said:

I am curious to know who B-town hoopsfan (and anyone else on this board) thinks will not return.

Without giving out names, I can tell you I think two of our four freshmen transfer (one of which may be a surprise) and I think we encounter attrition that doesnt have to do with a player transferring to another school.

*NO INSIDE INFO HERE, JUST GOING WITH THE GUT*

Just now, khoock said:

Without giving out names, I can tell you I think two of our four freshmen transfer (one of which may be a surprise) and I think we encounter attrition that doesnt have to do with a player transferring to another school.

*NO INSIDE INFO HERE, JUST GOING WITH THE GUT*

Why so cryptic with a gut feeling? Just trying to hedge your bet or what?

25 minutes ago, dustystehl said:

Why so cryptic with a gut feeling? Just trying to hedge your bet or what?

I just dont like to publicly talk about kids transferring until happens. I have no inside info, but like most of us, I have my own ideas on who will leave based on current roles, predicted future roles, and incoming talent.

I could have said nothing at all, but admit I am human and get sucked into the talk from time to time. 😅😅😅

I am certain someone will transfer.  How do I know this?  I can see the future.  I have been hesitant to share this with the board but I feel like the time is now.  And, for a limited time only, I will tell you your future if you send me $19.99 to a nondescript PO box.  Send me a DM and I'll get you all the details!

PS.  I've intentionally missed my game picks this year to not give away my secret but it's no coincidence that I took home the non-existent first place prize last year in my first full year participating in the pick em contest. 

On 2/18/2020 at 12:16 AM, Husker Hoops Penitent said:

I have no inside info. Just a gut feeling but I think we will see Arop and Green transfer out. I think we will probably have to sweat out Mack leaving. Would not surprise me if he just ups and decides to go pro. Also, just a feeling but based on our recruitment of the big kid out East I have a gut feeling Evan may be our the door. 

khoock, I'd love to hear your speculation. What is the harm in it? You make good points and part of the "fun" of participating in this forum are speculations, hopes etc. I think Arop leaves and think it is very possible Piatkowski and Easley do as well. I hope NU hangs on to Easley. I also hope the staff finds a way to keep Cross. I know there are people who think Thorbjarnarson leaves to play overseas, and I would like to hear people's thoughts on that one. That would be a loss, surely. Thoughts, anyone?

20 minutes ago, Husker Hoops Penitent said:

khoock, I'd love to hear your speculation. What is the harm in it? You make good points and part of the "fun" of participating in this forum are speculations, hopes etc. I think Arop leaves and think it is very possible Piatkowski and Easley do as well. I hope NU hangs on to Easley. I also hope the staff finds a way to keep Cross. I know there are people who think Thorbjarnarson leaves to play overseas, and I would like to hear people's thoughts on that one. That would be a loss, surely. Thoughts, anyone?

Both Cross and Thor can add value at 10-15 minutes a game.

We can trade Easley to MSU for Steven Izzo, and then start Steven in East Lansing, then take him out of the game until that point where we're up by 20 so we can get him some garbage points so his grandparents can be cool with it.