Teddy Allen is N

hhcmatt

In keeping with the comments above: where do the minutes go next year given Hoiberg's proclivity to play eight men rotations? Side note: does he tend to play eight man rotations because having quality depth is rare, or is it more a philosophy?

Would like to hear from the sages on this board what the line-ups might look like next year drawing from the current twelve scholarship players scheduled to return.

Cam Mack
Teddy Allen    
Dashon Burke
Shameil Stevenson
Kevin Cross

Yvan Ouedraogo
Jervay Green
Donovan Williams
Thorir Thorbjarnarson
Delano Banton
Derrick Walker
Akol Arop

plus quality walk-on Charlie Easley.

2 minutes ago, Husker Hoops Penitent said:

In keeping with the comments above: where do the minutes go next year given Hoiberg's proclivity to play eight men rotations? Side note: does he tend to play eight man rotations because having quality depth is rare, or is it more a philosophy?

Over his five or six years at Iowa State he played eight man rotations with the exception of one or two years where it looks like he played only seven regularly. I cant speak on to how depth/injuries played in to that. However, it is worth noting that he likes to have two or three guys sitting out per year.

I think an eight man rotation is a safe bet going forward.

11 minutes ago, Husker Hoops Penitent said:

Would like to hear from the sages on this board what the line-ups might look like next year drawing from the current twelve scholarship players scheduled to return.

Cam Mack
Teddy Allen    
Dashon Burke
Shameil Stevenson
Kevin Cross

Yvan Ouedraogo
Jervay Green
Donovan Williams
Thorir Thorbjarnarson
Delano Banton
Derrick Walker
Akol Arop

I'll say

Mack 

Burke

Banton

Teddy

Yvan

First off bench:

Green

Thor

Shamiel

Walker

Cross

Edited by No Place Like the Vault

28 minutes ago, Husker Hoops Penitent said:

Cam Mack
Teddy Allen    
Dashon Burke
Shameil Stevenson
Kevin Cross

Yvan Ouedraogo
Jervay Green
Donovan Williams
Thorir Thorbjarnarson
Delano Banton
Derrick Walker
Akol Arop

Since 2013 I’ve kept a running excel spreadsheet of future “depth charts” (strange, I know) and usually have a pretty good idea of what the rotation will look like. This roster might be the toughest one to figure out yet. Of course, there may be attrition before next season.