Oral Roberts (4-6) vs. Nebraska (8-1) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

Found this regarding Redshirt/waiver...   regardless of semantics, looks like Taylor may have an avenue to another season.

**************

“how many games can I play and still be considered a redshirt for this season?” The answer is that, with few exceptions, any amount of time spent in a contest for your college will count as a season of eligibility used.

However, for an athlete who has appeared in a game or games for their team and then becomes injured, or comes down with a serious illness that prevents them from being able to participate in any more games during the season, it’s possible to obtain a medical hardship waiver which will allow them to retain this season of eligibility. In essence, it’s possible for them to get this year “over again” (as long as they haven’t exhausted their five-year or ten-semester window of opportunity).

Here’s a brief overview of the medical hardship waiver rules for the various levels of college competition. Please note that at all levels, medical documentation from the time of the actual diagnosis of the injury or illness will need to be submitted with the waiver request to substantiate that the injury or illness was truly “season ending.”

NCAA Division I – An athlete must not have participated in more than three contests or 30 percent of their season schedule (whichever is greater) and not after the halfway point of the season (based on the number of contests rather than a particular date).

18 hours ago, 12dozen said:

Found this regarding Redshirt/waiver...   regardless of semantics, looks like Taylor may have an avenue to another season.

**************

“how many games can I play and still be considered a redshirt for this season?” The answer is that, with few exceptions, any amount of time spent in a contest for your college will count as a season of eligibility used.

However, for an athlete who has appeared in a game or games for their team and then becomes injured, or comes down with a serious illness that prevents them from being able to participate in any more games during the season, it’s possible to obtain a medical hardship waiver which will allow them to retain this season of eligibility. In essence, it’s possible for them to get this year “over again” (as long as they haven’t exhausted their five-year or ten-semester window of opportunity).

Here’s a brief overview of the medical hardship waiver rules for the various levels of college competition. Please note that at all levels, medical documentation from the time of the actual diagnosis of the injury or illness will need to be submitted with the waiver request to substantiate that the injury or illness was truly “season ending.”

NCAA Division I – An athlete must not have participated in more than three contests or 30 percent of their season schedule (whichever is greater) and not after the halfway point of the season (based on the number of contests rather than a particular date).

You can play up to nine games, and still red shirt.

Huskers Soar Past Golden Eagles

Game Recap & link to Box Score:

https://huskers.com/news/2019/12/14/womens-basketball-wbb-recap.aspx

Lincoln - Sam Haiby scored a team-high 20 points to lead three Huskers in double figures as Nebraska rolled to a 77-67 women's basketball win over Oral Roberts on Saturday at Pinnacle Bank Arena. Haiby also had five rebounds and a career-high four steals.

Fellow sophomore Leigha Brown added 15 points, as did junior center Kate Cain, who also contributed eight rebounds and four blocked shots in an outstanding all-around effort. Cain hit her first seven shots from the field to help the Huskers build a 15-point lead on several occasions in the second half. With the victory, Nebraska improved to 9-1, while ORU slipped to 4-7.

Sophomore forward Ashtyn Veerbeek pitched in seven points, seven rebounds and a career-high four assists, while adding a block and a steal, while senior Nicea Eliely pitched in eight points, five rebounds, a career-high seven assists to go along with three steals and two blocks in another strong all-around effort.

As a team, Nebraska shot 44.6 percent from the floor (29-for-65), which included a 10-for-14 (71 percent) effort in the second period. Senior guard Hannah Whitish added eight points and three rebounds, while Kayla Mershon (4) and Isabelle Bourne (2) rounded out the scoring for the Huskers.

I wonder if she would even want to return.  Her list of injuries is long and varied. Rather than face the possibility of more injuries, she might want to get on with her life rather than spend another year on the hardwood
She would have two years left. But I get your point. And some point enough is enough.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

You can play up to nine games, and still red shirt.

Result is the same, but Redshirt and Medical Hardship Waiver are not the same thing.  Unless, what I am reading on the Internet is dated, you play in a game, redshirt is no longer an option for that season.  The less than 30% provision, is associated with the waiver process.  

Edited by 12dozen

Result is the same, but Redshirt and Medical Hardship Waiver are not the same thing.  Unless, what I am reading on the Internet is dated, you play in a game, redshirt is no longer an option for that season.  The less than 30% provision, is associated with the waiver process.  
Well Jeff Gresich said that there was a 9 game window. So I guess take it up with him.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk