uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 12; ed 10 - @ Indiana

uneblinstu

It's tough to lose a game like this tonight, but I thought tonight was the first time I saw a team I could enjoy watching. So far this season, I've only been watching because their jerseys say they play for the school I cheer for. As Nebraska basketball fans we know what it looks like for a team to play hard, even if they come up short. Even if we come up short on talent, most nights, the opponent was gonna earn it. That's the foundation. They have to at least do that. They didn't do that much before tonight. There were a few games I didn't get to watch, so perhaps it happened in those games, but tonight, they played harder than Indiana for most of the night. If get the message that needs to be the calling card, they'll win some games this year. Hopefully this isn't an abberration.

- Loved what we saw from Thor. I hope this lights the fire under Green when he comes back, too. 

- They made some big shots in some big moments. There's more talent on this roster than people think.

- Burke had a great game. Cheatham came up in some big spots, too.

- Thought Ouedrago showed flashes of why the coaches are so high on him.

I left highly encouraged after tonight. Here's to more efforts like this one.

No complaints on my end. This team is severely limited for obvious reasons but if you think they are going winless in B1G youre an idiot. And i would have said the same thing before tn. This team is improving and gelling by the day. They will catch a team or two slippin this year. GBR

Even at full strength this isn’t a game that’s easy, by any measure. There’s a reason why the home teams are undefeated in conference play so far. Saw some progress and increased confidence by Thor, Burke, and others. Yvan is just 17, Yvan is just 17... 
Fun game to watch and we played together. Hopefully this trend continues!

Thor has to start every game from here on out.  He is our glue... he is our all-around.

Yuv is a year or two away and that’s damn frustrating in moments like tonight.

Play hard and compete.  That’s all I asked out of this year.  We didn’t do that multiple times before tonight.  We need this effort every night from here out.

IU will dance in March.  Think about that for a second.  We can compete in every game we play.

Everything looks better when the shots fall.

As already said, great effort, especially considering how things started in the first few minutes and how short the bench was.

Hopefully, they're starting to get it regarding how hard you have to play to have any shot of success at this level.

Multiple steps forward tonight, even though they didn't get the W.

Fred Hoiberg on the post game:

'I feel really good moving forward. I have some really good pieces in this group, some really good players sitting out, and on top of that we're going to get a really good recruiting class. Similar to the way we built it (at Iowa St)'

I mean, congratulations Indiana.  It only took you 4 years and 4 games, and overtime...at home...against a team rebuilding with a completely new roster and coach, with three guys sitting out transfer years, another leaving the team and yet another suspended for God knows what reason...but you got that dub against Nebraska!

You Hoosiers must be pretty pumped!!!  👍

Edited by 49r

Good for you finding positives (sincerely) but I don't see anything positive out of this. Absolutely nothing. IU was out-hustled in every facet of the game. Played lazy, indifferent defense like getting torched by 150lb walk-ons driving for lay-ups from 25ft out. Missed FT's, sloppy passes and unforced TO's. It was a complete train wreck against a collection of scrubs that couldn't make most D1 rosters. I am discouraged and every time I think there is light at the end of the tunnel a humiliation like this game happens. 

Nebraska is ranked 149 on KenPom.  They aren't good, but saying that have a collection of scrubs that couldn't make most D1 rosters is beyond hyperbolic.  Also guess I'm not sure what "150 pound walk on" driving for lay-ups you are talking about since they don't list anyone under 190 pounds and all of their points were scored by scholarship players.