Jervay Green Suspended Indefinitely

thrasher31

6 hours ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

I saw that too- had a towel on his face for quite a while after that. Appeared Coach was talking to him about his lack of effort guarding his man and allowing him to drive in for basically an uncontested layup.

I didn’t see this on TV.  I’d also like to say that I know the play you’re talking about but we gave up so many uncontested layups yesterday, I can’t nail down the specific one.  

It started with him yelling at his teammates during a time out.. 

Fred took him out and he stood behind the huddle and then bent over and  started kind of yelling.

He sat down and started pounded his fists together and then kind of then started hitting his head.

Then Easley kind of talked with him and he just looked at the floor, Arop handed him a towel and talked a bit.

Jervay then started yelling into the towel, and finally put it over his head.

Could have been 100 different things but it was a good show.

I think it all came so easy for Jervay at Western Nebraska, I'd imagine he is finding things to be difficult (to say the least) to not be considered "the man" at NU. It's a rather big jump for any athlete, but especially hard for dudes who aren't counted on to be the guy like they were at JUCO (or H.S.). That's my view on Green's disposition/issues.

I'm willing to let jervay figure it out. He's had a rough month thus far and it's probably beating himself up for it. I didn't think anyone really played great against ND, but jervay had a couple of good grab and gos with passes to the cutting cross. At the same time he let his guy score quite a bit on defense. So while there's good there's bad.

He's having a rough go of it lately. More than likely wants to fix everything in one day but that's not how this works. Jervays infectious smile and positive energy can't do anything but good things for the team. I'mma give this some time. We'll see when Rutgers comes to town

Edited by thrasher31

2 hours ago, thrasher31 said:

I'm willing to let jervay figure it out. He's had a rough month thus far and it's probably beating himself up for it. I didn't think anyone really played great against ND, but jervay had a couple of good grab and gos with passes to the cutting cross. At the same time he let his guy score quite a bit on defense. So while there's good there's bad.

He's having a rough go of it lately. More than likely wants to fix everything in one day but that's not how this works. Jervays infectious smile and positive energy can't do anything but good things for the team. I'mma give this some time. We'll see when Rutgers comes to town

I like Green. Word on campus is he and Mack do not see eye to eye. Could be Mack's personality or that Mack is getting most of the pub, but he will usually pass you the ball when open. I do remember one play Green was running the wing and calling for the ball when Mack pulled up for a no pass three. You could see that upset him but it would have upset me too. 

If you go to the 46:30 mark you'll see Jervay get burnt by Stewart. The ensuing possession it looks like Green is frustrated he's not getting the ball. Then Cam makes a move and turns it over and Green is even more frustrated. Then the issue on the bench occurs and you can see Green is clearly distraught. I agree with the previous poster based on what I'm seeing I could Jervay and Cam not seeing eye to eye. 

4 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

Cam & Jervay better get on the same page, cuz they’re both gonna have the ball in their hands A LOT & how they roll will be the difference between 10+ wins or a truly tragic number.

They shouldn’t be on the court at the same time imo.  I’d like to see Jervay spell Cam’s minutes at PG.  I don’t really like Jervay at the 2 or 3 in Fred’s system.   

17 hours ago, LK1 said:

They shouldn’t be on the court at the same time imo.  I’d like to see Jervay spell Cam’s minutes at PG.  I don’t really like Jervay at the 2 or 3 in Fred’s system.   

At his best -- which I don't think we've seen yet in a Husker uni -- Jervay is definitely one of the best players on this team. At his best, he'll be hitting 40%+/- from 3-point range, can create his own shot, can dish to his teammates, and can play solid defense. It shouldn't be any surprise to anyone who has followed Nebraska basketball for a couple of decades that a juco player is experiencing an adjustment period transitioning to D-1 ball. Even Nate Johnson didn't really come into his own until he was a senior. Give Jervay time. We're not even 1/3 into the season yet.

Edited by Norm Peterson

2 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

At his best -- which I don't think we've seen yet in a Husker uni -- Jervay is definitely one of the best players on this team. At his best, he'll be hitting 40%+/- from 3-point range, can create his own shot, can dish to his teammates, and can play solid defense. It shouldn't be any surprise to anyone who has followed Nebraska basketball for a couple of decades that a juco player is experiencing an adjustment period transitioning to D-1 ball. Even Nate Johnson didn't really come into his own until he was a senior. Give Jervay time. We're not even 1/3 into the season yet.

To be clear, I actually like him at PG.  The things you describe he’s capable of are exactly what we want in a PG in this system.  I like his ball handling.  It’s a central part of his game. I also like him guarding opposing PGs.  I simply think we have several players who are better suited for the wing.  

On 12/22/2019 at 9:24 PM, Silverbacked1 said:

It started with him yelling at his teammates during a time out.. 

Fred took him out and he stood behind the huddle and then bent over and  started kind of yelling.

He sat down and started pounded his fists together and then kind of then started hitting his head.

Then Easley kind of talked with him and he just looked at the floor, Arop handed him a towel and talked a bit.

Jervay then started yelling into the towel, and finally put it over his head.

Could have been 100 different things but it was a good show.

Great play by play by silver! 😏