Jervay Green Suspended Indefinitely

thrasher31

1 hour ago, NebrasketballJake said:

I feel like every release or write up surrounding Nebraska Basketball needs to be read while the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme song plays in the background

I read the "news" with that song in the back of my mind. Hadn't viewed this, at that time. This can't be good.

Image result for this can't be good gif

Edited by AuroranHusker

22 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

He's back.

Thor will continue to start and he's coming off the bench vs North Dakota.

Good deal.   Glad to have him back.   We need him.   I also think it is appropriate that he should have to earn his spot back.   Not sure Thor will relinquish it.    Thor has been playing well.   I must eat crow as I was critical of Thor's shot.   I will also say that I think he has changed how he shoots so I get to save a little face.

I kind of like a scorer in Green coming off the bench.    I thought it would be Kavas but it has not.    I think Green coming off the bench can spell Mack and give him a little rest as well as either the 2 or 3 so he gives them a versatile bench piece for now.   We shall see if it remains that way.

32 minutes ago, REDitus said:

Good deal.   Glad to have him back.   We need him.   I also think it is appropriate that he should have to earn his spot back.   Not sure Thor will relinquish it.    Thor has been playing well.   I must eat crow as I was critical of Thor's shot.   I will also say that I think he has changed how he shoots so I get to save a little face.

I kind of like a scorer in Green coming off the bench.    I thought it would be Kavas but it has not.    I think Green coming off the bench can spell Mack and give him a little rest as well as either the 2 or 3 so he gives them a versatile bench piece for now.   We shall see if it remains that way.

Thor definitely changed his shot a bit from last year. A little quicker release for sure

I think Thor should start the rest of the season. I like Thor in the corner, running the baseline. Green doesn't do that as well as Thor.

Mack, Burke, and Green at the 1/2.

Cheatham, Thor, and Kavas at the 3/4.

Yvan and Cross at the 5.

Solid 8-man rotation with Easley and Arop as emergency players.

I don't think I'd label anything as being a "for the year" decision, so many things can happen, one way or the other over the course of the season, but he definitely should be there for now. Thor has earned the opportunity. Good for him for making it hard to take him out. Or maybe I should say easy to leave him in.

5 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

I don't think I'd label anything as being a "for the year" decision, so many things can happen, one way or the other over the course of the season, but he definitely should be there for now. Thor has earned the opportunity. Good for him for making it hard to take him out. Or maybe I should say easy to leave him in.

It's really going to be more about matchups than how much the time has been "earned" IMO.  Having Jervay back just gives us a little bit more flexibility in that area, that's all.