Does it make me a bad person if ...

jayschool

47 minutes ago, 49r said:

You just seem to get weirdly defensive about Dirk for some reason.  It's odd, is all.

People can hammer Sipple or McKewon or Rosenthal on here (justifiably or not) and it's crickets from you, but one mention of Dirk and you fly off the handle.

You're right that sports teams, coaches and players are not above criticism, but that goes doubly so for journalists.  They are given a huge platform to voice their thoughts/opinions and with that privilege (and make no mistake it IS a privilege) comes responsibility, mostly to maintain some kind of integrity, and hopefully objectivity.  But just because Dirk feeds your own personal confirmation bias, doesn't necessarily mean he is above reproach.

Personally I don't really care what you or anyone else thinks about local journalists, and it only took me about 2 or 3 minutes to sift through your 217 posts on here, so believe me it took very little effort to discover that you have a long-standing beef with any criticism of Dirk.  Also, that you really worry a lot about parking and have a pretty strong dislike for Runza.  But if this most recent outburst of yours hadn't happened, I wouldn't have even bothered to do that.

Glad you wasted that time to stalk me.  I point out Dirk cause he gets the most outcry cause he made an anger freak of a coach yell at him.  I enjoy my mind being opened by good writing and dont bash the dude and name call him cause of personal appearance or cause he made said coach angry.  Says a lot about keyboard tough guy attackimg someone on twitter cause of what they say upsets them so much in lieu of reality.  As for other journalists most I dont follow outside of Sip and Shatel.  We have a miserable football team and the worst college basketball history.  Im fine if things arent going well that others point out the things causing it.  I may have not been the same before, but am open to it now cause i want it fixed.

Not to stan, but Dirk is easily the best writer in the state. His state and national awards prove that. I would love to see all these examples of Dirk trolling. The only thing I can think of was a Taylor Martinez article in like 2011 that was too harsh and Bo got upset about. Probably time to get over it. My biggest memory of Dirk is him being one of the first people to try and find a path for Nebrasketball to get to the tournament in 13-14. Seems like the opposite of a troll. Ever since then, the 3 major men's teams have been pretty bad. What good has there been to say?