BT play...

whoopdeedoo

11 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Illinois is getting run over by Indiana. Illinois looks like a lost team. Wonder how much it is Indy's D and how much it is Illinois O. but Illinois cannot make a basket from 10 foot.

beginning to wonder if the illinois coach makes it through the season? i believe she had a stellar career at DIII? but.....

7 minutes ago, Fastbreaker said:

Give Indiana some credit.  They are pretty good. That being said, I agree that Illinois is headed for the basement.

oh, no doubt.........just sayin' illinois has not made any progress since her hire. one could easily argue they have actually regressed. illinois was fortunate they had whittingham the past few years.

beginning to wonder if the illinois coach makes it through the season? i believe she had a stellar career at DIII? but.....
I was thinking the same thing. But don't u have to give her 4 or 5 years? The cycle of 3 to 4 is not good, They will become what Nebraska has become in football.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Give Indiana some credit.  They are pretty good. That being said, I agree that Illinois is headed for the basement.
Would agree that Indiana is good. But Illinois missed alot of 10 ft open shots. It maybe that they had a bad shooting night. The that was playing wasn't very good IMHO.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

correction: Alex Wittinger i believe is the player i was thinking of...not Whittingham

coach nancy fahey is sitting around a .31 winning %.  just from what i have seen so far, things just don't seem to be headed in a positive direction. hate to see any coach go through something like that, but.....we'll see as the season progresses.

if i looked at it correctly, she is like 2-37 just in BT play.....ouch

Edited by whoopdeedoo

• 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, whoopdeedoo said:

iowa leading by one over msu (end of 1st quarter). i see their post is second in the country in fg% (70). anyone know who coaches their posts? doing a phenomenal job. iowa is having a bit of difficulty getting it into her with michigan states length.

Jan Jensen Assoc. head coach.

Whats next ?

We're 15-5 and have 9 games left in reg. season. Probably need to win 5 plus anything in B1G tourney to make the NCAA tourney.

The opportunity is there....won't be easy obviously. Schedule from here on out is going to be an adventure.  4 opponents are rated in top 25 currently.

Edited by redsteve

12 hours ago, redsteve said:

Whats next ?

We're 15-5 and have 9 games left in reg. season. Probably need to win 5 plus anything in B1G tourney to make the NCAA tourney.

The opportunity is there....won't be easy obviously. Schedule from here on out is going to be an adventure.  4 opponents are rated in top 25 currently.

what's left:

@ Minnesota

OSU

@  Iowa

Indiana

Penn St

@ Northwestern

@ OSU

Illinois

@ Indiana

highest probability of wins: Penn St and Illinois. gotta hope you can beat OSU at PBA. love that freshman Madison(?) Green. the game at Williams Arena is a toss up imo. Minnesota may be small, but, they still have perimeter shooters and most of them can get to the basket also. T. Bello always has the potential to go off. beating indiana at either venue would be a big upset....just a better team. same with northwestern. man, starts with minny.....gotta get the 'w'.

@ iowa, northwestern, osu, and indiana? uffda who knows if Czinano will be healthy when huskers play them, but, iowa still played pretty well without her against msu. iowa ran away last couple of minutes.

i'm just afraid we are going to look back at the msu and purdue games and go "if only".....

and, look back and ask, "was that rather high rpi non-con schedule worth it." it may have tried to build some confidence in the team and got nice wins against usc and duke, but.....

Edited by whoopdeedoo

was looking to see any news on tonights Minnesota vs Indiana game. came across this...minnesota juco commit. no idea how her other skills may match up, but, definitely has some spring in those legs.

"Woodard might be the most athletic player I've seen on the aau level. Expect some dunks in the next couple years. Heres a little article on her with a video of her dunking."
usatodayhss.com

VIDEO: Alabama girls basketball player Daja Woodard dunks with ease

Daja Woodard can dunk. Need proof? Woodard, a 6-2 junior at LeFlore (Mobile, Ala.), dunked at the John Lucas Elite 160 Camp in Houston recently while the rest of the campers looked on. The impetus …
usatodayhss.com usatodayhss.com

Edited by whoopdeedoo

10 hours ago, whoopdeedoo said:

what's left:

@ Minnesota

OSU

@  Iowa

Indiana

Penn St

@ Northwestern

@ OSU

Illinois

@ Indiana

highest probability of wins: Penn St and Illinois. gotta hope you can beat OSU at PBA. love that freshman Madison(?) Green. the game at Williams Arena is a toss up imo. Minnesota may be small, but, they still have perimeter shooters and most of them can get to the basket also. T. Bello always has the potential to go off. beating indiana at either venue would be a big upset....just a better team. same with northwestern. man, starts with minny.....gotta get the 'w'.

@ iowa, northwestern, osu, and indiana? uffda who knows if Czinano will be healthy when huskers play them, but, iowa still played pretty well without her against msu. iowa ran away last couple of minutes.

i'm just afraid we are going to look back at the msu and purdue games and go "if only".....

and, look back and ask, "was that rather high rpi non-con schedule worth it." it may have tried to build some confidence in the team and got nice wins against usc and duke, but.....

I would not consider beating Indiana at our place a big upset.  They are not that good. I am watching them right now.  They can be had.

35 minutes ago, Fastbreaker said:

I would not consider beating Indiana at our place a big upset.  They are not that good. I am watching them right now.  They can be had.

well, i wouldn't go quite that far. of their 3 conference losses, maryland is the only one to beat them soundly. couple of things that kept minny in striking distance was their athleticism, footwork, whatever some prefer to call it and, indiana not shooting well from the perimeter. minnesota guarded against the drive fairly well until mid-to late 4th when fouls added up. it did give indiana some problems. i thought indiana's holmes (sp?) had a shot at having a big night, but, they defended indiana's bigs pretty well for the most part, not to mention indiana missed some shots around the basket.

after watching this game, i will agree with you that if THIS indiana team comes to PBA, huskers have a good shot (no pun intended). i think a lot will depend on how well huskers can defend indiana off the dribble and coming off screens. like i stated, minny made it difficult for the most part. would also help if indiana shoots the 3 as well as they did against minny 😉. imo, one thing i did notice about minny during much of the game---didn't like the body language from some of the players. i have a feeling Bello's would have left if they had the option. i don't know, could be hangover from the issues a while back.