Cam Mack and the reason I hate Twitter

18 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Two things, 1)he is a Husker and will be loved here.

2) great first post and know you are very welcome to be on here any time.

And I will second that welcoming. You have my prayers and hope for a speedy recovery. You will also find that any board/social media has the "bad actors", but I will say that this site seems to have less trolls than some of the other sites (such as Red Sea Scrolls as I saw your post there as well).

On 12/10/2019 at 6:40 PM, CamChris74 said:

Thanks to a fan, that’s a mom and I was screenshot some of the comments made  in regards to Cam and I.

No one knows our story but I would prefer you not bash Cam.

He loves it here and he admitted he lost track of time on Saturday And felt so bad but he also didn’t let me know he had a bacterial infection from the Caymans.

I am a lion with her cubs... No one wants to see people just bashing their child for no reason.

I didn’t bash the team as a whole. I basically stated they don’t complete his assists which is an issue as well as Cam not sinking free throws.. I am Cams #1 cheerleader and also his #1 one critic...

Cam hates me on social media but as a mom you can feel when your kids are having a rough moment.

These players read these blogs and that hurts them.

I am battling breast cancer which I ask for no sympathy, just prayer but that does not stop me from protecting my children.

Cam worries, he doesn’t know if one day he picks up the phone and I don’t answer.

i did that one day because my phone was in the car, I missed 10 calls and texts, You okay mom..
I will fight for them until my last breath..

When coaches recruit kids, they are not honest such as SFA...

Cam said one year playing because he doesn’t know how long I have on this earth,  no one does but he has had dreams of going pro since he was a kid.

Don’t punish or talk about Cam because of my actions..

I said #staytuned because Cam is just getting started..

He is not the savior but he plays a major part in the success of this team because he is gifted and talented...

Understand these kids have real life situations and it’s bigger than basketball.

Its not easy to lose and your fans are bashing you...

He wants to win, he texts me everyday and my advice to him is , trust God , you got this.

He didn’t bring you this far to not complete what he started in you as a 2 year old little boy.

We have big games this week, be positive and support your team❤️
I will not be back on social media because sometimes it takes me to thoughts that are not holy...and actions that are not nice

Cam's mom, you don't see much bashing of Cam on this site. He's not perfect, but we've said a lot of good things about him.

Having said that, it's true he needs to watch his body language. I'm sure the coaches have said that to him. It's just we all have stuff we can improve on and that's one of his. Basketballwise, he needs to get his right elbow in when he shoots. It's tough to be consistently on line when your right elbow wings out like his does.

He has a ton of talent. He has NBA-level athleticism and court vision. But NBA guards can shoot the rock. And they hit their free throws. And Cam can get there if he follows what Coach Hoiberg shows him. If he improves his shooting this off-season (don't try to change much this year) he could potentially be an early entrant in the NBA draft after next year.

He has the ability to have a great career here. He has the ability to have his jersey hanging from the rafters.

But he has to trust the process. And he has to understand you're playing with a very inexperienced roster. It's not going to happen over night. But the results of the Purdue game should show you it WILL happen. But everyone has to buy in and work hard to accomplish these team goals.

God bless you and you are in our prayers. I and several people on this board know that cancer sucks, and our thoughts are with you. Stay strong.