uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 12; ed 9 - at Creighton

uneblinstu

I don't really have a ton to say about this one, so just a few thoughts:

- I think a lot of this squad got a serious education today. Many have never been in anything like that they saw today. But this game felt very familiar, at least the start.

- It's all well and good that they came out and played better in the second half, but they gotta figure out how to do that at the start of games, too. When they figure that part out, they'll start being more competitive vs. teams at this level.

And a note: KP said on the radio broadcast that Porter and Piatkowski are redshirting this year. That's why you didn't see them at the end of the game.

Edited by uneblinstu

Interesting note: Heading into B1G play, our top three scorers and rebounders are all separated by a total of only three points/rebounds.

- Rebounds: H. Cheatham (47), Y. Ouedraogo (45), J. Green (44)

However, Cam Mack is running away with assists (51) with Jervay Green a distant second (24).

39 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

After today... Thor is now 10/19 for a blazing 53% from deep.  I am starting to think that Thor needs to shoot it more.

While he has just the 3rd most makes... Burke and Green are 11/31 and 14/45 respectively.

I think shooting 3’s from the international distance has helped his confidence.

Went about how I expected it to go. Our guys were not ready for that level of intensity and atmosphere.

Hope they learned something that will benefit down the road, although I can't imagine the next 2 will go any better. Hopefully we take a couple of baby steps in those games, because there weren't any today.

At least there's a little hope Friday. After all, Assembly Hall is our PBA East. 😁

As much as I despise the blue school, no one should be surprised by this result - I was following along on Twitter while on a flight to Omaha. Painful.

The team wasn’t ready and I don’t think we as fans are ready for what this season is potentially presenting. No matter how much we tell ourselves how bad this could be, we simply cannot brace ourselves for how historically awful this could be in 2019-20. 

Edited by demone

44 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

This article has a hilarious premise considering Sip gutlessly kicked Miles on his way out the door.

Give it a year.  We’re young and inexperienced.  We have good recruiters and a great coaching staff.  It doesn’t take long to improve a basketball program, but it takes longer than a summer.  Nice to know Sip can’t handle 9 games with an entirely new roster, coaching staff, and scheme.  Lol.  

I’m still seeing things in the offensive scheme being installed that are going to pay enormous dividends down the road.  

Imagine being a Penn State hoops fan...

(Okay, I'll give you 15 minutes or so to stop laughing, but I'm under the impression that such a thing actually exists)

...this is supposedly Pat Chambers' best team and best shot at finally breaking the NCAA tournament drought and they just went in and got straight WORKED by Ohio State.

This is quite possibly the best it's ever gonna get for them and I gotta say I wouldn't trade places with them for anything.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

So. That was a game. 

-Creighton probably had the two best players on the court. Marcus Z and Tyshon are both really good. And showed it. Best players from a talent standpoint we've played. 

-Opting for no Cross/Yvan in the second half for Kavas/4 guards helped spacing. Commentators said time and time again how the lane was clogged. Kavas helped open that up for us. 

-Let's just take it game by game this season. This team has talent and yes they're learning how to play together, which I think they're learning more and more every game, but more importantly for me at least they're all learning how to play P5 basketball against high competition. Haanif and Thor are the only two who have played at this level. It's a learning curve. 

PATIENCE. Long season with plenty of ups and downs. We have talent. I trust Fred and how they responded in the second half shows that they can in theory compete. Just need to take their kicks 

1 hour ago, 49r said:

Imagine being a Penn State hoops fan...

(Okay, I'll give you 15 minutes or so to stop laughing, but I'm under the impression that such a thing actually exists)

...this is supposedly Pat Chambers' best team and best shot at finally breaking the NCAA tournament drought and they just went in and got straight WORKED by Ohio State.

This is quite possibly the best it's ever gonna get for them and I gotta say I wouldn't trade places with them for anything.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I thought their high water mark was that ‘95 NIT battle between Don Ameeche’ & the Huskers here in Lincoln...

2 hours ago, LK1 said:

This article has a hilarious premise considering Sip gutlessly kicked Miles on his way out the door.

Give it a year.  We’re young and inexperienced.  We have good recruiters and a great coaching staff.  It doesn’t take long to improve a basketball program, but it takes longer than a summer.  Nice to know Sip can’t handle 9 games with an entirely new roster, coaching staff, and scheme.  Lol.  

I’m still seeing things in the offensive scheme being installed that are going to pay enormous dividends down the road.  

Not only that but he's been preaching patience with Frost for 2 years, and already writing articles like this about Hoiberg, 9 games in. He's getting roasted on twitter tho - so that makes me happy.

3 hours ago, LK1 said:

Sounds like he might need to take little Sip out at the club again.