Nebraska (4-4) vs. Creighton (6-1) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

3 minutes ago, NUdiehard said:

Name me one guy on this roster that you believe will ever be a difference maker in the B1G?

I never said any of them will be difference makers? Doesnt mean they cant be B1G caliber players. We definitely have some B1G level talent on the team, they might just be taking on bigger roles that what they should be.

10 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Would you... give up not winning a game the rest of this year to come back and beat Creighton today and rub it in their faces?

Leaning toward not winning another game, even if we don’t come back in this one. Let’s do our part to tank Creighton’s SOS & NET rankings. (Hey, if you can’t find something to cheer for, try to bring everyone else down with you...)

Heard it all week long on the radio that Nebraska wasnt going to be able to match Creighton's energy and intensity. The blue birds were gonna come out with a vengeance after what we did to them in Lincoln last year. With this whole team being new they probably had no idea what they were walking in to today.

2 minutes ago, khoock said:

Heard it all week long on the radio that Nebraska wasnt going to be able to match Creighton's energy and intensity. The blue birds were gonna come out with a vengeance after what we did to them in Lincoln last year. With this whole team being new they probably had no idea what they were walking in to today.

All I heard was that JD Speilman wasn’t good enough to start for Minnesota or Ohio St...

3 minutes ago, khoock said:

Talent gap is wayyyyyy bigger than the effort gap.

4 minutes ago, hhcscott said:

I'm not buying the "whole team is new" argument. This is the reality of college basketball and there are a ton of teams with huge turnover who wouldn't fall behind Creighton by 30. 

Thanks.  Especially would like to know when this stops becoming the norm and we can start playing better.  This is now game 9.  At least we look like we halfway belong this half.

19 minutes ago, khoock said:

Well no offense, but your coworker is an idiot lol. Didnt they return almost all of their team from a year ago that happened to make a deep run in the NIT and be in the bubble discussion most of the year?  I don't even follow Creighton and I know they were expecting to have a really good year (before injuries)

No offense taken. I work with 5 CU alums that go to the games and are more than just an average fan.

i guess they thought with Krampl leaving and Epperson rehabbing (before he got hurt) they were in for a rebuilding year.  Let’s not forget Zegarowski went from a guy who was decent to playing like his hair is on fire. Some of their sentiment came from their perception of being severely undersized, especially for the Big East. 
Frankly, I don’t care about CU. I just know I’m buying the office donuts Monday...

6 minutes ago, hhcscott said:

I'm not buying the "whole team is new" argument. This is the reality of college basketball and there are a ton of teams with huge turnover who wouldn't fall behind Creighton by 30. 

First, name me a team where not two players on a 16 man roster have played a single minute of collegiate basketball together (ill wait)... then we can discuss if said team would or would not fall behind to Creighton by 30.