Nebraska (4-4) vs. Creighton (6-1) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

8 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Sadly... the average fan isn't going to give Fred a looooooong leash.  We have to show at least a little something this year.

The average fan has likely not even tuned in yet - too busy focused on FB recruiting and bitching about the FB season. By the time they think about it hoops, they won’t even bother to watch or judge Hoiberg based on performances like this one.

2 minutes ago, jason2486 said:

What's really sad is that I guarantee we don't play this bad the rest of the year. Creighton is our Kryptonite.

Umm, are you sure?  My concern is that we are a bad shooting team, we struggle shooting free throws, we are below average on defense, and we (at best) struggle rebounding.  Other than that, I have confidence as well.

Just now, Huskerpapa said:

Umm, are you sure?  My concern is that we are a bad shooting team, we struggle shooting free throws, we are below average on defense, and we (at best) struggle rebounding.  Other than that, I have confidence as well.

Lol, very true. I just feel that for whatever reason, CU almost always does this too us in the last 15 years or so.

4 minutes ago, huskerbill85 said:

1 of those games where you take the tape and burn it.

With that said I'm turning it on to college football. Enjoy your day everyone. 

Oklahoma-Baylor on the tv (tie game with 3+ to go) and Nebrasketball on the laptop in my house rn.

2 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Just as a college basketball fan in general, we're making Creighton look like a great team. We also made Georgia Tech look like a good team. But in reality Creighton is an average team this season and Georgia Tech is a bad team. This is embarrassing.

Syracuse beat GT today by about 30...

Edited by Handy Johnson

1 minute ago, HuskerFever said:

Just as a college basketball fan in general, we're making Creighton look like a great team. We also made Georgia Tech look like a good team. But in reality Creighton is an average team this season and Georgia Tech is a bad team. This is embarrassing.

GT lost at home to Syracuse today by 30+

This is so pathetic I'm not even going to post the Halftime Stats! image.gif😮  But Hey, We've got more Points off turnovers than they do (6-4), and 2nd chance points (4-3) :Stickouttongue:. Its a start!

But not to worry, 2nd half will be ours! :Lol:

Edited by Red Don

2 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

I see Ga Tech lost at home by 37 to a mediocre Syracuse club, which lost at home to Iowa recently. Garza may score 100 on us.

12 minutes ago, khoock said:

Games moving way too fast for a lot of our guys rn. Thats the adjustment period we will be dealing with for most of the year. The transition from high school, juco, and low D1 can be a huge struggle. Especially when most of your entire team is going through it all at once.

lol. Or these players are just bad and most likely won’t ever be legitimate B1G players. 

2 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

Syracuse beat GT today by about 30...

5-4 Syracuse? That doesn't surprise me at all. Expectations are low on my end; even lower after the first two loses. But it's just heartbreaking. I'm not seeing any improvement from either offense or defense so far this season.

Would very much accept any positive signs from anyone on here if they don't agree with this. I just personally haven't seen it.