Samari Curtis

Bugeaters1

Given he was the youngster I was the most intrigued by far and away this sucks. Don't know if he was sold a bill of goods on playing time or what. Thought he'd have a roll as a shooter, could at least have given him a chunk of Matej Kavas' minutes. I'm not shocked, just bummed out. We hardly knew ya Samari 

6 minutes ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

What the F? 
If he leaves now does it preserve his redshirt and this year counts as his “sit out” year??? 

Mid-season transfer. He'd be eligible next year second semester.

In theory he could have played here 6 more games and then transferred out. I guess you can appreciate his honesty. 

7 minutes ago, 49r said:

It's gonna happen when you put a bunch of guys together like this, some probably aren't going to stick.  C'est la vie.

All the best to Samai in his future endeavors, hopefully the next stop will be a better fit for him.

Completely agree and he got a free trip to Italy out of the deal so he shouldn't leave too unhappy!!!

Best of luck to him at his next stop.

48 minutes ago, 49r said:

It's gonna happen when you put a bunch of guys together like this, some probably aren't going to stick.  C'est la vie.

All the best to Samai in his future endeavors, hopefully the next stop will be a better fit for him.

Had a feeling after the Italy trip that he wouldnt be here longer than a year. Hioberg only plays 8 once he settles on his rotation. Didnt see Samari beating out Dachon, Cam, or Jervay and didnt see us going out of our way to make a small lineup even smaller. 

Good luck to him! 

My only regret is that he was not getting time over Kavas.  Especially after not 1, 2, or 3 games but multiple games.  We needed a shooter and he and Kavas provided the same opportunity in shot production.  Samari was over 40% on 9 attempts and Kavas was under 30% on over 20.  Even if Samari couldn’t play D or rebound, Kavas isn’t either.

22 minutes ago, khoock said:

@hskr4life i believe is the one who mentioned it in the GT game thread. I dont believe he had inside info and was just using it to dramatize how ridiculous it was that Samari wasnt getting a shot at playing time.

Good call!! But also kind of a bad call 😂😂😭

Had no inside info, but about the only thing Samari wasn’t doing was on Wednesday was holding a sign that says “I’m out.”  I’d be a little upset about a few things too.

1.  Early this season, HCFH said multiple times that he wanted to find more time for Curtis but kept going to the same guys.

2.  Kavas, as mentioned in my previous post, is basically the same player as Curtis in that he is a 3 point guy.

3.  On a team that was struggling shooting and wasn’t playing very good D, there isn’t really a reason he shouldn’t have had at least an opportunity.

9 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Had no inside info, but about the only thing Samari wasn’t doing was on Wednesday was holding a sign that says “I’m out.”  I’d be a little upset about a few things too.

1.  Early this season, HCFH said multiple times that he wanted to find more time for Curtis but kept going to the same guys.

2.  Kavas, as mentioned in my previous post, is basically the same player as Curtis in that he is a 3 point guy.

3.  On a team that was struggling shooting and wasn’t playing very good D, there isn’t really a reason he shouldn’t have had at least an opportunity.

You were the first one banging that drum! You might be right, but it's hard to know which came first the chicken or the egg. Was Curtis mad because he wasn't playing, or was he not playing because he was already checked out.