Scouting Creighton

hhcmatt

On 12/5/2019 at 2:26 PM, hhcmatt said:

I really don't buy this. Creighton is easily the most brought up team on this board. The switching of conferences essentially killed all rivalries prior to 2012. If these guys aren't our rival, then no one is our rival.

I agree with HHCMatt here.  They are our rival.  The importance of the game is bigger than any single conference game.  It is about creating positive fan morale, media positivity, recruiting advantage, and it is a measuring stick to how good of a program we really have.  We’re fortunate to have that measuring stick in-state.  When the day comes that we are beating them 75% of the time, we’ll know our program can compete in the B10

Edited by Rickyd

32 minutes ago, Rickyd said:

I agree with HHCMatt here.  They are our rival.  The importance of the game is bigger than any single conference game.  It is about creating positive fan morale, media positivity, recruiting advantage, and it is a measuring stick to how good of a program we really have.  We’re fortunate to have that measuring stick in-state.  When the day comes that we are beating them 75% of the time, we’ll know our program can compete in the B10

If that's what beating a rival means then they aren't our rival. It's a game we all want to win more than most but in no way the measuring stick of the program nor predictor of future success. I'm old enough to remember when we killed a good Jays team and then got our teeth kicked in during conference.

On 12/5/2019 at 2:48 PM, hskr4life said:

I have actually seen numerous posts on this board about how they wouldn't care if we won another game this year if we win this weekend.  I also believe there was a poll created about winning X number of non-con games or winning just one and it be the Creighton one.

Sounds a lot like what you are talking about there.

In fairness to the poll that was up a week or so ago, I believe that most people responded in the context of THIS SEASON only. 

Since most people know that this season will be a "lost cause" anyway, I would rather give Creighton the humiliation of losing to a bad Nebrasketball team than win 4 games in the big 10 that will change nothing for our season anyway.