HANNAH - Record Breaker

Red Don

I saw elsewhere where someone said about Hannah:

Just doesn't seem she has been here that long!

:nod: I know what they mean! We owe a Great Debt of Gratitude to this Entire Class of Seniors; Hannah Whitish, Nicea Eliely and Grace Mitchell. This was the class that was released from their commitments after Connie Yori was replaced by Amy Williams and these three recruits in that class re-affirmed their commitments to Nebraska.

They have been the nucleus of the resurgence of Lady Husker BB following the coaching change and proved to be the vanguard of our present team. :Bow::Bow::Bow:

We would not have had nearly the success we have experienced over the past three years, or our currently bright prospects for the future had they Not become Huskers!

:Happyrun:

Not so fast as Lee Corso says on game day, on totally praising Hannah.  Hannah has done some good things over time  and climbed the NE charts on those.   However, last basketball year she had 128 assists but 82 turnovers, a ratio of 1.56 versus a usual basketball individual goal of 2 assists to 1 turnover.  This year so far she has 40 assists to 20 turnovers or right at the goal of 2 to 1.  So let's hope she maintains 2 to 1 ratio or better through this season.

30 minutes ago, Redhac said:

Not so fast as Lee Corso says on game day, on totally praising Hannah.  Hannah has done some good things over time  and climbed the NE charts on those.   However, last basketball year she had 128 assists but 82 turnovers, a ratio of 1.56 versus a usual basketball individual goal of 2 assists to 1 turnover.  This year so far she has 40 assists to 20 turnovers or right at the goal of 2 to 1.  So let's hope she maintains 2 to 1 ratio or better through this season.

Who cares!!!! it is still quit the accomplishment. Oh and by the way ppl were sitting in my seats last night.

Edited by Bugeaters1

29 minutes ago, Redhac said:

I don't even know where to begin with this.  Why does it matter what her A to TO ration is?  That's not what the original post was referring to when "praising" her.  Look at all of the solid players that we have had come through here.  Players who were a 1 seed in the WNCAA Tournament... and your telling me that we should slow the praise on the FIRST EVER player to reach this milestone?  I guess if this was a post about how great her A to TO was, then you may have a leg to stand on, but you clearly missed the point of the "praise."  Zion Williamson had a .87 A to TO ration but I bet you don't see Duke fans saying "Not so fast." 

Hannah play a great game against Duke. This is what we need from our senior. The 2 to 1 ratio for assists to turnovers is pretty standard for a point guard. Granted she is not a natural point guard but she did pretty well as a sophomore and took a step back last year. Coach Williams comments post match talked about the assists against made baskets after the game. It was quite high. We also had 20 turnovers which is too high.