Kevin Cross in early
Nebraska sloppy with the ball
nifty move by Cheatham to put Nebraska up 11-9
x2
Nebraska looking gassed at the 10 minute mark
8-0 run from GT as Nebraska keeps turning the ball over
Yvan with a nfty post move 
extra passing on the last two plays result in 2 baskets at a 20-19 lead
Kavas called for a foul on a baill he wouldn't have gotten to. Having a rough half
Thor just knows where to be and sets up for an easy layup. He throws a terrible pass on the next possession and then manages to draw an offensive foul on Devoe
Nebraska has drawn 2 offensive fouls on Davoe in two minutes
After two turnovers and a blowby for an easy basket a disgusted HCFH calls timout with 1:30 to go
Burke had a basket completely erased and GT ends the half on a 10-2 run
GT comes out hitting a 3 and Nebraska answers
Tech gets an easy bucket off a nice inbounds play
Mack gets nice penetration and Yvan blows the bunny.
Game starting to slip away as Nebraska can't buy a bucket and is down 43-32
Good post defense by Green
It's the part of the game where my children yell and work calls and everything is muddled which feels how this game is going, down 50-40
Nebraska getting to the FT line but thus far is 8-16 which is frustrating when you're down 9 with 7:29 to go
Green frustrated by 3s not going down gets the charge trying to drive in
Mack hits a tough 3 to pull the team within 11
GT defending the rim well in transistion
Can't make layups or FTs. 

Georgia Tech is not a good team. And they didn't have Alvarado the last couple of games.

We've got a long ways to go and it's got to start with the fundamentals. Gave them way too many blocked shots. Couldn't make a free throw. And if you're going to live and die by the three, you better lock down on defense.

That said, let's just see where the next game takes us. Learn from it, then move on to the next. Would be great to see this team gelling by the end of the season, even if it doesn't result in the win column. Going to need some solid camaraderie going into next season.

7 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

What numerical formula is used to determine “pace” & how does that then translate to Tempo, because I sure didn’t feel like I was watching anything Historic tonight...

Pace/tempo is basically the same thing

Possessions = FGA-OR+TO+.475*FTA

https://kenpom.com/blog/national-efficiency/

*-Haanif Cheatham posted his first career double-double with 14 points and a career-high 11 rebounds. His previous career high in rebounds was nine when he was at Marquette. Cheatham reached double figures for the fourth straight game with 14 points

*-Thorir Thorbjarnarson finished with a career-high 11 points, marking the first time he finished in double figures, and a season-best seven rebounds. He is the eighth Husker to have a double-figure scoring effort this season.

1 hour ago, hhcscott said:

If I'm coaching against the Huskers, I pack the paint, let them hoist 3s and hack literally everyone on the drive/backcut. On offense I encourage my players to take early shots, regardless of quality and count on loose ball/oreb chances in the scrum.

Geesh, let's not help an opposing coach reading this message board devise a game plan that beats us by 50!!!! 😀

Perplexed how our free throw shooting is so bad. Surely it couldn’t have all been that bad individually for the players struggling. (Before they arrived here) Goodness, at least get one of two. Too many 0-2’s and we couldn’t chip into their lead...must be all mental

Edited by Faux Mike Peltz

1 hour ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

Perplexed how our free throw shooting is so bad. Surely it couldn’t have all been that bad individually for the players struggling. (Before they arrived here) Goodness, at least get one of two. Too many 0-2’s and we couldn’t chip into their lead...must be all mental

Well, that's at least what FH says in interviews, have to agree too. Idk how you fix that. Just going to take time, and lots of time repeatedly throwing them up in practice. No panic but it's the #1 most frustrating thing for any fanbase. Get my basketball idol steve nash in there fred! But this loss's key was all in the turnovers. The momentum and consistency on both sides of the ball ALL went out the window once we started giving them gifts en masse

1 hour ago, Handy Johnson said:

Just looking at some of the other B1G-ACC scores Gophers, Buckeyes etc & realize things are about to get REAL, real & I’m not sure if any “players only meetings” or extra FT shooting is going to change the basic arch of this season...

This will be  bloodbath. We'll have to upset Northwestern at home probably just to avoid a goose egg. 

6 hours ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

jervay was 53% FT in juco.------- 52% this season

cam was 64% FT in juco.-------- 56% this season

hannif was 72% career FT before this year.------- 56% this season

dachon was 66% FT at robert morris.------  59.5% this season

yvan 55% FT in france-----  45% this season.

we shouldn't be real surprised i guess... hannif is the only one that has really dropped off.

FWIW southern utah is the only game we would have won from having better FT shooting, but the fact we are so bad at Free Throws is just a bad sign overall for the offense.

40 minutes ago, FredsSlacks said:

jervay was 53% FT in juco.------- 52% this season

You've gotta be kidding me - Jervay Green shot 53% from the line in juco? Wow. It is completely unacceptable for a college basketball player at the guard position to be shooting anywhere below 65%, let alone 55%.