Nebraska (4-3) vs. Georgia Tech (3-2) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

Just now, khoock said:

Gotta trust HCFH on this one. Im sure theres a reason(s) he is not seeing the court that much right now.

I could see if everyone else was playing well... if we were shooting well... something.  I'd just like an answer.  We try the same thing over and over so far.  Why not Curtis?  Why not give Charlie a try?  

There was some good to take away from this one though! We rebounded very well for our standards; against what was probably our toughest rebounding challenge to date. THATS PROGRESS.

We turned the ball over an uncharacteristically high amount. Was that due to a step up in competition, first true road game, or just an anomaly?

FT shooting is still awful. 3pt shooting is still Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

3 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

I could see if everyone else was playing well... if we were shooting well... something.  I'd just like an answer.  We try the same thing over and over so far.  Why not Curtis?  Why not give Charlie a try?  

Yeah I would totally be okay with giving Kavas' minutes to someone else. He is not doing what he was brought here to do and doesnt bring any rebounding or defense.

7 minutes ago, khoock said:

Yeah I would totally be okay with giving Kavas' minutes to someone else. He is not doing what he was brought here to do and doesnt bring any rebounding or defense.

Same.  While it wasn’t this game, HCFH has said numerous times this year that he’d like to get Samari more minutes.

19 minutes ago, NebrasketballJake said:

Saturday is going to be UGLY

Two things about that

1. We tend to ping pong. We'll probably play better because we played poorly this game.

2. We struggle against good defenses that won't give us easy buckets. That's not what the Jays do

1 minute ago, hhcmatt said:

Two things about that

1. We tend to ping pong. We'll probably play better because we played poorly this game.

2. We struggle against good defenses that won't give us easy buckets. That's not what the Jays do

On the other hand, the Jays shoot much better than any team we’ve played so far. 

Our advantage is depth. They have literally none. Run run run and hope they’re tired as hell by the 2nd half. If they’re making shots and we’re cold then just tip the cap and move on to Indiana (yeesh). 

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

Same.  While it wasn’t this game, HCFH has said numerous times this year that he’d like to get Samari more minutes.

While I too wouldn’t mind if Curtis got more minutes; I don’t know if he has justified earning minutes over cheatham, green, or Thor. So far he has looked a little one dimensional. Have yet to see him drive successfully. He’s looked not overly quick and a bit turnover prone. And with an emphasis on getting everyone to help out on rebounds I can recall a few times where he has not blocked out at all leading to an offensive rebound (although many others are guilty of that). But if Burke is going to shoot like that, I’d say give him some minutes!

2 hours ago, khoock said:

I still don’t get why Arop has gotten zero looks.  He just seems athletic enough to adjust if he’s thrown in there.  We need a hustle guy who is serviceable from 3 and can rebound a bit.  He must be way behind in practice.  

10 minutes ago, LNKtrnsplnt said:

While I too wouldn’t mind if Curtis got more minutes; I don’t know if he has justified earning minutes over cheatham, green, or Thor. So far he has looked a little one dimensional. Have yet to see him drive successfully. He’s looked not overly quick and a bit turnover prone. And with an emphasis on getting everyone to help out on rebounds I can recall a few times where he has not blocked out at all leading to an offensive rebound (although many others are guilty of that). But if Burke is going to shoot like that, I’d say give him some minutes!

I just didn’t get it tonight. It was a zone matchup, we were shooting terrible, defense was optional for some guys, and Kavas didn’t give us anything.  TBH, there are games where I didn’t think we needed Curtis.  South Florida was one of them.  But tonight... I just didn’t understand why we didn’t try.