Sacred Heart (3-3) vs. Nebraska (6-1) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

This made me laugh, it is from the Sacred Heart site.

Despite playing nearly even with their Big Ten foe for a majority of play, the Sacred Heart women's basketball team dropped a 72-49 decision to Nebraska on Saturday night at the South Point Shootout on the Vegas strip. SHU's loss drops the Pioneers to 3-4 in 2019-20 while the Cornhuskers improve to 7-1 on the season.

11 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

This made me laugh, it is from the Sacred Heart site.

Despite playing nearly even with their Big Ten foe for a majority of play, the Sacred Heart women's basketball team dropped a 72-49 decision to Nebraska on Saturday night at the South Point Shootout on the Vegas strip. SHU's loss drops the Pioneers to 3-4 in 2019-20 while the Cornhuskers improve to 7-1 on the season.

seriously? 😂

didn't get to watch/listen to usc game. later when i read sam was in a boot, i thought oh crap. just what they need. i thought she looked ok, maybe the quick first couple steps aren't quite there, but, was much better than i was expecting. whew. 

Edited by whoopdeedoo

11 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

So I just looked up our RPI and it has us at 4-2 with a RPI of 171. I think they are a little slow on their updates.

i just looked it up and has nebraska at 177 and a record of 6-2. i noticed they had sdsu jacks record wrong too. had it as a loss to notre dame.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

Huskers Overpower Pioneers

Game Recap & link to Box Score: 

https://huskers.com/news/2019/11/30/womens-basketball-huskers-vs-pioneers.aspx

Box Score Las Vegas - Nebraska's defense was strong for the second straight, holding Sacred Heart to just one field goal in the first 15 minutes to bolt to a 29-9 lead on its way to a 72-49 win on Saturday after at the South Point Shootout.

The Huskers, who improved to 7-1 with their second straight win at South Point Arena, got season highs of 15 points and five three-pointers to go along with four assists and three steals from senior guard Hannah Whitish. Junior Taylor Kissinger added 11 points, including a pair of threes for Nebraska's Big Red.

Junior Kate Cain added eight points, seven rebounds, two blocks, two assists and a steal in a strong all-around effort, while senior Nicea Eliely pitched in eight points, five boards, a season-high five assists, two steals and a block of her own.

Nebraska got contributions up and down the roster, as all 12 Huskers who played in the game found the scoring column, including freshman guard Makenzie Helms who scored the first two points of her career and added a pair of rebounds against Sacred Heart (3-4), a school from her home state of Connecticut that advanced to the 2019 Postseason WNIT out of the Northeast Conference last season.

Edited by Red Don