2021 SG Keisei Tominaga - Juco - LOI

uneblinstu

Ranger won their first round game 86-68 and advances to the Sweet 16. Keisei had 14 points.

An interesting note - Noticed a 6’4” combo guard for Ranger who I thought can really play, so I looked him up. Jorell Saterfield. He was originally committed to Doc at Southern Miss, but never played there. 
Conference defensive player of the year and has a good feel for the game. Season averages:

18.1 ppg (leading scorer)

5.6 rpg

3.0 apg

FG% - 52.3%
3FG% - 49.5% (48/97)

FT% - 82%

Edited by millerhusker

On 3/8/2021 at 9:28 PM, Norm Peterson said:

And, so you wonder, "if *he's* 15th, who's ahead of him?"

And the answer would be (among others) his teammate from Ranger, a 6'4" guard by the name of Jorell Saterfield, who is shooting nearly 60% from 3 while averaging over 18 ppg, and who has an interesting connection to, well, just watch ...

@millerhusker You didn't watch the video I posted.

Saterfield has produced almost everywhere he's went it would seem. 

We only have a finite amount of scholarships. Do you take a guy like this where (I am assuming) that he's a lower end D-1 athlete or do you take a guy like either Wilcher or Edwards who is highly regarded but hasn't yet produced at a high level in college?

5 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

One guy scored 75?  and are we after this John A. Logan?😐

Ranger won in overtime today and is Final Four bound! Keisei had 25 points, 5 rebounds and 3 assists.

Blaise Keita and Coffeyville also got an OT win and going to the Final Four. Keita had 19 points (9/10 FTs!), 6 rebounds and 2 blocks.

They’re on opposite sides of the bracket, so they could meet in the championship game. That’d be pretty awesome .