uneblinst's post game chatter: vol 12; ed 7- South Florida

Bugeaters1

3 minutes ago, 49r said:

As for game thoughts:

- We desperately need to get Yvan and Kevin to understand they CAN NOT dribble the ball in the paint.  That drives me nuts.

- Shooting percentages looked pretty good today.

- Rebounding wasn't so terribly bad either.

Personal pet peeve for post position players.

😉

What seems to be sort of cool is that different players can, and do step up at different times and in different games.  As a result, it may be difficult to scout us. In the past several years we have had one or two "go to" players; it appears we now have several.

This tournament supports the appearance that when we are on, we can be a pretty good team that can beat many teams.  But when we are off, we could lose to almost anyone.  

24 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

What seems to be sort of cool is that different players can, and do step up at different times and in different games.  As a result, it may be difficult to scout us. In the past several years we have had one or two "go to" players; it appears we now have several.

This tournament supports the appearance that when we are on, we can be a pretty good team that can beat many teams.  But when we are off, we could lose to almost anyone.  

Yep

We can be in or out of every game this year.

2 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

What difference in coaches from Miles to Hoiberg, Hoiberg seems not to get to rattled at the players.

It’s early, but the more I watch, the more I think this hire is the steal of the next decade of college basketball. Fred is a different breed of alpha. He’s extremely unique with regard to the respect he calmly commands and very, very cerebral.  

I’m already sold on the in-game coaching upgrade.  If he can recruit at the same level or above TM, we’re going to be regular pesky conference contenders.  He has a bonafide system that appears to still work quite well philosophically.  

Yes. I know we were disappointed to hear the lineup in the Cayman Islands Classic when it was announced.

Yes. It actually worked out for us with the level of competition and where our team is at right now.

Yes. We left the islands at 2-1. And I'm pleased with the results. It didn't look pretty, but I'd consider it a successful trip.