Game Day Essentials: Game #7 vs South Florida

hhcmatt

Nebraska Cornhuskers (3-3) vs South Florida Bulls (3-3)

** Cayman Islands Classic 2019 **

Date: Wednesday Nov. 27, 2019
Time: 4:00 p.m. 
Arena: John Grey Gym

Broadcast:  FloHoops+ (pay) ($30)  https://www.flohoops.com/

PSA: DON'T SUBSCRIBE TO THE FLOHOOPS $12.95 PLAN OR YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR

South Florida

l3qg5gf3wu3cdrgvpee4.gif

Head Coach: Brian Gregory
Conference: American
Nickname: Bulls

Mascot: Rocky the Bull

KenPom rank: 130

Previous history: 1-1 thanks to a Home and Home series in the Collier era

Offensive Style: Guards drive the lane / jack 3s

Defensive Style: High pressure guards backed by shot blockers

Line:  South Florida by 2

Bracket

bracket_2019_v2.png

Players to watch:   Laquincy Rideau and David Collins

The Bulls go as these two guards go. Both offensively are aggressively driving to the paint and exceed at drawing contact. Rideau is the better 3 pointer but both will shoot them. Both are poor FT shooters and average approximately 50% from the line.  Both generate high numbers of steals on defense and can disrupt an offense (jokes on them as our half court offense isn't really working anyway) You might remember Rideau from the Gardner Webb team that knocked off Nebraska in 2016.

The Skinny: Nebraska looks to bounce back after a thrashing at the hands of George Mason.  Brian Gregory brings back most everyone from last year's 24 win team though arguably their most dynamic post player in Alexis Yetna has been out all year so the Bulls have mostly relied on their guards and defense to win games. South Florida has a lot of height though it's mostly utilized for rim protection/rebounding as opposed to offense. Look for Nebraska to struggle again on the boards though not as much as last game. The Huskers seem to ping-pong like immature teams do so the effort missing from Tuesday probably shows up on Wednesday. Defensively, Nebraska's guards will need to be mindful to guard without fouling which has been a problem for Mack and Green in this tourney.  The Huskers are going to struggle against this defense in the half court. They're going to need to turn South Florida turnovers into points and should get plenty of opportunities. 

Both teams are poor shooting FT teams.  In what very well could be a close game the team who makes the most here might just pull out the win.

Prediction: Nebraska 71 - South Florida 68

View full article

3 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Nebraska Cornhuskers (3-3) vs South Florida Bulls (3-3)

** Cayman Islands Classic 2019 **

Date: Wednesday Nov. 27, 2019
Time: 4:00 p.m. 
Arena: John Grey Gym

Broadcast:  FloHoops+ (pay) ($30)  https://www.flohoops.com/

PSA: DON'T SUBSCRIBE TO THE FLOHOOPS $12.95 PLAN OR YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR

South Florida

l3qg5gf3wu3cdrgvpee4.gif

Head Coach: Brian Gregory
Conference: American
Nickname: Bulls

Mascot: Rocky the Bull

KenPom rank: 130

Previous history: 1-1 thanks to a Home and Home series in the Collier era

Offensive Style: Guards drive the lane / jack 3s

Defensive Style: High pressure guards backed by shot blockers

Line:  South Florida by 2

Bracket

bracket_2019_v2.png

Players to watch:   Laquincy Rideau and David Collins

The Bulls go as these two guards go. Both offensively are aggressively driving to the paint and exceed at drawing contact. Rideau is the better 3 pointer but both will shoot them. Both are poor FT shooters and average approximately 50% from the line.  Both generate high numbers of steals on defense and can disrupt an offense (jokes on them as our half court offense isn't really working anyway) You might remember Rideau from the Gardner Webb team that knocked off Nebraska in 2016.

The Skinny: Nebraska looks to bounce back after a thrashing at the hands of George Mason.  Brian Gregory brings back most everyone from last year's 24 win team though arguably their most dynamic post player in Alexis Yetna has been out all year so the Bulls have mostly relied on their guards and defense to win games. South Florida has a lot of height though it's mostly utilized for rim protection/rebounding as opposed to offense. Look for Nebraska to struggle again on the boards though not as much as last game. The Huskers seem to ping-pong like immature teams do so the effort missing from Tuesday probably shows up on Wednesday. Defensively, Nebraska's guards will need to be mindful to guard without fouling which has been a problem for Mack and Green in this tourney.  The Huskers are going to struggle against this defense in the half court. They're going to need to turn South Florida turnovers into points and should get plenty of opportunities. 

Both teams are poor shooting FT teams.  In what very well could be a close game the team who makes the most here might just pull out the win.

Prediction: Nebraska 71 - South Florida 68

View full article

I got refunded my money toady, from Flo sports. it was actually not to bad of customer service.

Just now, Bugeaters1 said:

I got refunded my money toady, from Flo sports. it was actually not to bad of customer service.

While i can complain about the price and the announcers being the guys from the Sonic commercials, the stream itself has given me no problems

3 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

While i can complain about the price and the announcers being the guys from the Sonic commercials, the stream itself has given me no problems

Agree 100%.  For a guy who doesn’t get to go to games... it was probably worth the $30 for the three games plus the extra Southern game that I got to see.