So, you've transferred, and now you're redshirting.

Norm Peterson

Watcha doin?

Is there time, while you're sitting out, to work with, y'know, the special assistant to the head coach, and completely overhaul your free throw shooting technique?

Season Totals
season Team
2017-18
2018-19

FG FG% 3PT 3P% FT FT% OR DR REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
28-47 59.6 0-0 0.0 10-25 40.0 29 46 75 9 7 3 43 21 66
10-19 52.6 0-0 0.0 5-19 26.3 8 24 32 7 3 6 28 6 25

Walker’s shot already looks much better than it did at Tennessee, judging by the few practice videos we’ve seen. Hoiberg has commented on his ability to step out and knock down threes.

Banton’s shot still looks suspect. Ideally he’ll be our version of Royce White, who couldn’t shoot a lick but was the best and most important player on that cyclone team because of his size, rebounding, ball-handling and feel for the game.

On 11/27/2019 at 11:39 AM, millerhusker said:

Walker’s shot already looks much better than it did at Tennessee, judging by the few practice videos we’ve seen. Hoiberg has commented on his ability to step out and knock down threes.

Banton’s shot still looks suspect. Ideally he’ll be our version of Royce White, who couldn’t shoot a lick but was the best and most important player on that cyclone team because of his size, rebounding, ball-handling and feel for the game.

Hope you're right.

1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

Banton has put on 15 lbs

At this point we will add the following next year to our poor rebounding squad

Stevenson - 6'6" 245#

Walker - 6'8" 235#

Banton - 6'8" - 210#

From what I saw of Banton in the scrimmage and what little film we got from Italy, he's an opportunistic rebounder. And, by that, I mean you'll see him sneak in on the weak side to get an offensive rebound put-back.  You like having that guy who has that knack for getting in the right place at the right time to make plays. Eric Piatkowski had that kind of intangible for us and you see his jersey in the rafters for a reason.

We lose Cheatham off next year's roster and I kind of see Banton slide into that spot in the starting lineup: the sort of long wing who gets down the floor fast and fills a lane on the break.  Cheatham is kind of undervalued in that respect, I think.  As of right now, I think he's a better perimeter shooter than Banton, though, and so maybe more valuable in the half-court.

But if you add Stevenson and Walker to the mix, whose minutes do they take? I'm hoping, with a year of development, we'll see better rebounding prowess from Yvan. Do you cut his minutes to get Walker in there? If you do, and you gain some rebounding advantage by doing so, is there anything you lose?

Edited by Norm Peterson

18 minutes ago, khoock said:

My guess is Ouedraogo and Walker split minutes at the 5. Cross moves to the 4 and then you add in both Banton and Stevenson into the mix to play the 3 and 4.

That and you can roll with Cross or Stevenson at the 5 when you want/need to play small ball

5 minutes ago, colhusker said:

Norm I hope both are working on what you've mentioned above.  That said, it is clear those no sitting after a transfer need to be working on free throws and boxing out.

Don't know what they are specifically working on, but I bet they give our starters one heck of a batter on the boards day in and day out.