HHC Get Together: Your input is needed

cipsucks

Hey everyone, I need help.  Some of us have been working behind the scenes trying to put together a time and place for people on this board to have a chance to put faces to names.  It never proves to be as easy as it appears on the surface.

The Minnesota game on March 6th seemed to be the logical starting point since HHC Scott will be in Lincoln for that game.  The problem there is, it's a Wednesday game with that messed up 8 p.m. tipoff.  We'd have to have a meet and greet starting around 5 which poses problems with people getting off work, etc.

We could do an Iowa watch party on Saturday, March 9th.  The problem with that is Scott will no longer be in town.  My last communication with HHC Dave is he will not be able to be in Lincoln that week at all. 

So here's where I need your help.  For people who can and want to do a get together, what works best for you?  The shindig would be at Barry's.  If there's enough interest, I'll get everything lined up.  I just need to know the day, probably by weeks end.  If anyone has other ideas, please feel free to share.

Thanks.

Well we see your true colors coming though now aren't we Dimes. ;)

When is the due date?

Feb 28th.  I'm considering calling in and asking Miles on Monday if he or his staff have ever delivered a baby since we plan on attending the Feb 21 game vs Iowa.  I'll hang up and listen to your answer.

I should have included this in my original post.  I'm also trying to gauge interest on having a get together.  Dimes, Silverbacked and I might be three wild and crazy guys, but I'm not reserving tables for just us three at Barry's. 

I need to know who would like to attend, and what day works best.  If there's no interest, that's perfectly fine.  We'll do something down the road.  Or not.  :)

It would be neat to see everyone and get to know them better in a face to face. You are going to have this before a mens game or just on a weekend ? The women play at home on Sunday Feb 24 and on Sunday Mar 3rd. The Staurday's before these to dates would work for me, as my wife and I could come to Lincoln visit her sis on Saturday stay the night and catch the women on Sunday. Just my input. Prolly Mar 9 th would work also.

March 9th looks like it would be the logical option.  The game is at Iowa with a 1:20 tip.  I would assume Saturdays are the easiest for people to get there.  Scott will be in town for the Minnesota game on March 6th.  I can also line up something for that day if enough people want to do a pregame function.  No reason we can't do two....

I think Royalfan is right.  Since it's the last game ever at the BDSC, and Scott will be in town and it's an 8 p.m. tipoff, it actually makes the most sense.   People can start showing up anytime after 4.  I talked with Barry's today and they'll reserve as many tables as we need.  I just need to get an approximate head count, so if you're planning on being at this event March 6th, please just check in here.  I know some have already said yes, so you don't need to do it again.

When I was at Barry's today, one Doc Sadler walked through the doors.  Didn't get a chance to say hi as I was meeting with staff.

Hey, the last game in the BDSC and a chance to socialize with HHC brethren would be worth the drive.  To sweeten the pot, if you show, I'll give you a jar of cipsalsa!

And 49'r I'll buy you your first beer. No make that your first 2 beers.

Oh, NOW there's pressure!!!

• 2 weeks later...