Washington State (2-2) vs. Nebraska (2-2) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

So obviously it was a weird quirk where he got the T while shooting free throws.  But I guess they probably *should* have DQ'd him and not allowed him to shoot that second FT.  Regardless it didn't really affect the outcome.

But yeah the refs kinda screwed that up big time.

George Mason tomorrow and USF or New Mexico St on Turkey Day. It will be nice to see us against some mediocre to above average competition. I think this team has a couple of dogs on it who are made for the bright lights and big time. I expect a good showing a couple of our guys these next two games.

1 minute ago, 49r said:

So obviously it was a weird quirk where he got the T while shooting free throws.  But I guess they probably *should* have DQ'd him and not allowed him to shoot that second FT.  Regardless it didn't really affect the outcome.

But yeah the refs kinda screwed that up big time.

I believe the rule is he gets to shoot his free throw and then goes to the bench.

7 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Off-Topic...

Ga Tech just lost to Arkansas in OT for their first loss of the year.  Ga Tech held Arkansas to 0 points in the first 4:59 of OT and still lost.  Final OT score was 3-2 in favor of Arkansas.  That has to be a first right?

Not “40 minutes of Hell” but “5 minutes of Oh Well”...

12 minutes ago, 49r said:

George Mason has bought into the positionless basketball philosophy looks like.  They have one guy getting regular minutes who is 6'9" but Yvan's got 30 pounds on him.  But they can shoot the rock.

They don't seem to have the numbers of a successful rock shooting team

28 minutes ago, HuskerPower #nato73 said:

That's a unique stat.  In other unique stats we shot a higher percentage from 3 than the foul line for the second straight game.

And Nebraska previously scored 90+ in two straight games, which hadn't happened since the 1999-2000 season. Also around the same time-frame that NU last won a holiday tourney !!