Creighton (3-1) vs. Nebraska (5-0) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

@ PBA - Don't Miss IT! 

upload_2017-11-2_14-45-24-gif.13235

(There's still time to get to PBA, Why Not?  What else ya got to do on a Nice Sunday Afternoon, & post-game in the Haymarket. :wink:)

Live Video: BTN+ (Student U)

Live Radio: Husker Sports Network (1:45 p.m.)

Matt Coatney (PBP), Jeff Griesch (Analyst)

Lincoln-1400 AM KLIN; CD 105.9 FM; Huskers.com; Huskers App

Nebraska closes its four-game home stand by colliding with the Creighton Bluejays on Sunday afternoon.  It will be the 45th all-time meeting between the Huskers and Jays, with Nebraska owning a 30-14 edge in the series, but Creighton has earned wins in the last three games.

Nebraska is coming off its most complete all-around game of the young season with a 73-39 win over defending SWAC champion and 2019 NCAA Tournament qualifier Southern on Wednesday.

Scouting Creighton

• Creighton comes to Lincoln with a 3-1 record after a 70-59 win over North Dakota State in Omaha on Monday night. The Bluejays own three double-digit wins, including a 61-48 victory over South Dakota State and a 67-54 win at Omaha.

• CU's lone loss came in a 63-53 setback at Drake on Nov. 16. The Jays hit 11 three-pointers against the Bulldogs, but 36 of their 68 shots from the field came from beyond the arc. CU was outscored at the free throw line, 11-2.

• Senior Jaylyn Agnew led the Jays with 16.3 points per game while ranking second on the squad with 6.0 rebounds. The 5-11 forward from Andover, Kan., has hit a team-best 10 threes and is a perfect 9-for-9 at the free throw line. Agnew also leads CU with 4.0 assists and 1.8 steals. She did not play in last season's game with the Huskers because of injury.

• As a team, Creighton is averaging 62.8 points per game while shooting 37.1 percent from the field and 31.6 percent (36-114) from three-point range. The Jays are a solid 75 percent at the free throw line but have averaged just 11 trips to the line per game compared to 14 by their opponents. CU has been out-rebounded, 39.0-35.0, but owns a plus-7.8 turnover margin per game.

https://huskers.com/news/2019/11/21/womens-basketball-huskers-to-battle-bluejays-sunday-at-pba.aspx

Oh, & :Gobigred:

Edited by Red Don

Nicea's intensity has picked up 
Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Meh. It's waxing and waning. Definitely not the intensity she's had for Southern and Southern Illinois. My gripe over the past 4 years has always been about the girls' intensity though. Not sure if it's coaching or what, but they never play as hard/intense as I'd like them to. Rarely get on the floor or out-rebound our opponents...fortunately Creighton isn't very good right now.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Actualfacts1 said:

Good lord our defense is atrocious! Can any of our girls guard one on one? Creighton is literally driving right by them to the basket. A better team we'd be down 20. (I'm gonna remain quiet now before I get in trouble lol)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Went by Brown, like she was stuck in mud.  Using too many arms and not enough feet on D.

It's hard to tell but listening to Matt & Jeff (admittedly Homers)  it sounds like the refs are letting a lot of fouls go (especially those committed by Creighton).   Here's a question for you.   If there is an illegal screen, is it illegal if the refs Don't call it?)

It's hard to tell but listening to Matt & Jeff (admittedly Homers)  it sounds like the refs are letting a lot of fouls go (especially those committed by Creighton).   Here's a question for you.   If there is an illegal screen, is it illegal if the refs Don't call it?)
It must be

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk