2020-21 Husker opponents

AuroranHusker

Unfortunately we probably don’t match up well vs. Wisconsin with their size, but they’re definitely beatable. They don’t have a single player I would label as a “creator” and they don’t have as many knock down shooters as they usually do (they shot it much better today, obviously). They’ll play good team defense for 40 minutes. They’ll flop and get charging calls. We will have to stay disciplined and play with toughness, but I think we can hang with them if we’re locked in. 

51 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

I'm just looking forward to seeing whether Davison or McGowens draws the first foul on the opponent by stopping in front of him and causing a collision. Extra points for irony if one is able to pull it off on the other.

*McGowens jumps in front of Davidson running up the floor.  McGowens falls forwards, Davidson backwards.

Ref 1- Charge!

Ref 2- Block!

Ref 3- Blarge!

Announcer.  We’ll be right back.  It’s 8-6 Nebraska here with 15:49 left in the first half.

2 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

Iowa was missing a lot of wide open looks.  Bohanan looked "rusty" at best.  

Watched Iowas offensive possessions and your right. While Gonzaga did a good job pressuring guards, Iowa did miss a good amount of good looks. Maybe due to rust and neutral floor. Baseline double team on Garza was relatively effective too at times

Edited by MichHusker

19 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

That Nevada loss... not looking great.  Could be a black eye on the resume. (Sarcasm)

Nevada was definitely a team we needed to beat, and should have beat. But that also speaks to the level we're playing at as well (Nevada 132, Nebraska 120).

To me, Georgia Tech isn't yet a bad loss; we'll certainly know much more early Jan. Outside of those two games so far, the results seem to speak for themselves.