2020-21 Husker opponents

AuroranHusker

8 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

So... Is Ga Tech that good, Kentucky that bad, or a little bit of both.  Wednesday will be a GOOOOOOOODDD measuring stick.

Georgia Tech has had tourney-level expectations this season. Due to COVID, their coach didn't have full-contact practices until the Georgia State game. Pretty sure I read somewhere that Pastner thought they didn't need full contact practices since he's got an older team, but he was wrong and put an end to that.

I'd anticipate them to be a better team than us by the end of the season. But as you could see from my HHCC prediction, I'm putting more stock into recency bias. It steered me wrong when my gut said we'd lose the Nevada game and I chose us to win based on their NDSU performance. But we shall see. This Georgia Tech game has never been a gimmie game at any point for me this season, even after losing to two weaker in-state opponents.

Just now, HuskerFever said:

Georgia Tech has had tourney-level expectations this season. Due to COVID, their coach didn't have full-contact practices until the Georgia State game. Pretty sure I read somewhere that Pastner thought they didn't need full contact practices since he's got an older team, but he was wrong and put an end to that.

I'd anticipate them to be a better team than us by the end of the season. But as you could see from my HHCC prediction, I'm putting more stock into recency bias. It steered me wrong when my gut said we'd lose the Nevada game and I chose us to win based on their NDSU performance. But we shall see. This Georgia Tech game has never been a gimmie game at any point for me this season, even after losing to two weaker in-state opponents.

That's an interesting point about full-contact.  Kentucky is 1-3 now with losses to KU, GA Tech, and Richmond.  Overall, I think it'll be a good test for us.  HUGE week ahead.

Not playing them any more this year but K-State is trailing Fort Hays by a touchdown, 21-14 midway through the first half.  Woof.

Oddly, this counts as a regular season game for the 'Cats, but is only an exhibition for Ft Hays.

Edited by 49r

42 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Iowa is going to be a "pick your poison" type of game.  Defend the paint or defend the 3.  Don't think we will be able to do both.

Will be interesting to see what we do. They made 11 3's when they beat us last year but only 4 when we best them. I say let Garza get his and lock down the perimeter

On 12/6/2020 at 8:10 PM, HuskerFever said:

Should've went with my head. Would be 100% on predictions in HHCC :lol:

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

https://wolverineswire.usatoday.com/2020/12/09/michigan-basketball-isaiah-livers-christmas-day-game/

Someone isn't happy they have to spend Christmas Day in Lincoln.

I mean...does he not have a point? NBA players get paid well for being away from their families on the holidays, office professionals typically get paid well for having to spend time away from their families over the holidays, even many hourly employees get paid overtime to work the holidays. For the student athletes, they just call it "Friday."

Watching michigan so I can get a feel. They're currently losing to PSU. Franz has had a rough start to the year. Dickinson is very very good, he'll dominate against most big ten teams. Livers and Brooks know how to play. Haven't been overly impressed with them this year in the games I've watched, but they always find a way to win, credit that to the seniors. Just as I type this they get the lead with under a minute left.

PSU plays two walk on bigs it seems that remind me a lot of Tanner. Won't score a ton, but sound defensively and know how to play. Sessoms is shifty and can score in a variety of ways. Wheeler is still there???

Both will be tough games. Michigan specifically if we can't contain Hunter.