2020-21 Husker opponents

AuroranHusker

Here's BTN's advertised hoops schedule for opening day Wednesday - a sexruple-header?

• McNeese at NU, 11 am
  • NC A&T at Illinois, 1 pm
  • NC Central at Iowa, 3 pm
  • E Mich at Michigan St, 5 pm
  • Tenn Tech at Indiana, 7 pm
  • E Illinois at Wisconsin, 9 pm

(Yes, I'm watching Rutgers-Michigan football. Don't judge me.)

Edited by throwback

2 hours ago, throwback said:

Here's BTN's advertised hoops schedule for opening day Wednesday - a sexruple-header?

• McNeese at NU, 11 am
  • NC A&T at Illinois, 1 pm
  • NC Central at Iowa, 3 pm
  • E Mich at Michigan St, 5 pm
  • Tenn Tech at Indiana, 7 pm
  • E Illinois at Wisconsin, 9 pm

(Yes, I'm watching Rutgers-Michigan football. Don't judge me.)

The only positive?  We don’t have to worry about the game in front of us running long!

15 hours ago, hskr4life said:

The only positive?  We don’t have to worry about the game in front of us running long!

I wouldn't count on that - keeping with tradition, BTN will probably show the Rutgers-Michigan football replay before our game so the overtimes bleed over into our scheduled tip-off time. They'll join our game with about 7 minutes left in the first half.

1 hour ago, throwback said:

I wouldn't count on that - keeping with tradition, BTN will probably show the Rutgers-Michigan football replay before our game so the overtimes bleed over into our scheduled tip-off time. They'll join our game with about 7 minutes left in the first half.

Double nut kick If that’s happen!!  We’d have to watch Noah have a hell of a game and then be late to the Huskers basketball.

https://mcneesesports.com/documents/2020/11/23//20_21MBB_Game1Notes.pdf?id=5566 

Looks like they have 3 or 4 good guards.  2 they start and a sharpshooter off the bench.  Their best shooter is from Nebraska and had the best 3 pt % in the country last year as a starter.  He's not real tall so that will help.   Looks like they have a new PF that will help their rebounding.    He looks like he can score a little too.   The strength of their team is the guards though, they look a bit thin at the post as far as experience scoring&rebounding.  

I think to start this game Nebraska should go with the big lineup and start from there. 

Edited by REDitus

1 hour ago, REDitus said:

I think to start this game Nebraska should go with the big lineup and start from there. 

Agreed. They don't have much height off the bench, so let's go with Yvan in the starting lineup and bring Thor off the bench. Put McGowens on Kuxhausen — the sharpshooter. We should have a better starting lineup either way, but the real difference may come when we go to the bench: Thor, Stevenson, Walker, Webster and maybe a little Andre.

Edited by jayschool

I’m watching Rutgers right now. They’re currently ranked 24. It could very well be my husker-goggles, but I feel like Nebraska is just as talented, as this Rutgers team that’s ranked just inside the top25 (maybe even more talented). (Assuming that Nebraska is shooting as well as they are capable of.)

2 hours ago, Nebrasketballer said:

I’m watching Rutgers right now. They’re currently ranked 24. It could very well be my husker-goggles, but I feel like Nebraska is just as talented, as this Rutgers team that’s ranked just inside the top25 (maybe even more talented). (Assuming that Nebraska is shooting as well as they are capable of.)

And watching Michigan, currently ranked 25, I think Nebraska looks just as talented as the Wolverines too.

I know that comparing scores is a pointless exercise, but Creighton defeated NDSU today 69-58. CU shot terrible from 3 going 8-35 (22.9%), compared to us going 9-32 (28.1%) against NDSU. NDSU won the rebounding battle against NU (51-42) and CU (41-27). Turnovers were similar (17 to 16) for NDSU but we had more steals than CU (11 to 4).

59 minutes ago, hugh42 said:

I know that comparing scores is a pointless exercise, but Creighton defeated NDSU today 69-58. CU shot terrible from 3 going 8-35 (22.9%), compared to us going 9-32 (28.1%) against NDSU. NDSU won the rebounding battle against NU (51-42) and CU (41-27). Turnovers were similar (17 to 16) for NDSU but we had more steals than CU (11 to 4).

It was a 20 point game for most of the game.