2020-21 Husker opponents

AuroranHusker

On 3/26/2020 at 11:30 PM, AuroranHusker said:

Better be a home B1G-ACC Challenge matchup. I would love to see the 'Heels have to come to Lincoln. That would be sublime.

Knowing Nebrasketball's luck, we would get scheduled against N Car, and the non conf season gets axed.

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:
Iowa guard Jordan Bohannon's hardship waiver was approved by the Big Ten. He will have another season.

Is he going to leave his shoes on the court after EVERY game this upcoming season, if one occurs.... he did that last year, an ode to Iowa wrestling, presumably. Iowans are weird, amirite @jayschool?!?

1 hour ago, AuroranHusker said:

Is he going to leave his shoes on the court after EVERY game this upcoming season, if one occurs.... he did that last year, an ode to Iowa wrestling, presumably. Iowans are weird, amirite @jayschool?!?

I can't even with some of these people. You have a perfectly wonderful back deck, but you sit in your garage to drink beer? Loose, unseasoned hamburger meat? Council Bluffs? C'mon!!

Edited by jayschool

Matt Painter is not a happy camper:

https://www.si.com/college/purdue/basketball/matt-painter-radio-interview-0513-dan-dakich

— Painter on "getting the phone call'' 

"It's like the kiss of death when you get that text that says, 'hey coach, you got a minute?' You just know. He's going to transfer. It isn't hard to figure out. When you've been doing it for 30 years, it's not hard to figure out.

— Painter's feelings on Haarms and Eastern

"I love those guys, and I mean that about both of those guys. But when it's obviously not better for you academically or basketball-wise, I feel for them. Matt was going to do that, but he also got his degree from Purdue. Jelly is walking out of here without his degree. That's not smart, but I'm really biased. 

"Still, you might have gotten your degree from Purdue, but you're not a Boilermaker if you walk out the door in the end.

— on players not seeing the big picture

"Matt Haarms is a good guy. Nojel Eastern is a good guy. They want something else out there, and it's not magical. Sometimes it's effort and results. I don't doubt effort, but you've got to have results. If you can't, I feel you. Because I wasn't better than a lot of guards that I had to play against, but I didn't run around blaming Gene Keady because I couldn't guard Calbert Cheaney and Jim Jackson.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is the readable version for us older folk

2020-21 Nebraska Men’s Basketball Non-Conference Schedule
Date                                                    Opponent                                                               Location
Monday, Nov. 2                                 Peru State (exhibition)                                           Pinnacle Bank Arena
Tuesday, Nov. 10                               Cleveland State                                                      Pinnacle Bank Arena
Saturday, Nov. 14                              Purdue Fort Wayne                                                Pinnacle Bank Arena                                                  
Thurs.-Sun., Nov. 19-22                    at Myrtle Beach Invitational                                 Conway, S.C. (HTC Center)
Wednesday, Nov. 25                         Lamar                                                                      Pinnacle Bank Arena                                                  
Mon.-Wed., Nov. 30-Dec. 2              TBA (ACC/B1G Challenge)                                     Pinnacle Bank Arena
Saturday, Dec. 12                               Creighton                                                                Pinnacle Bank Arena                                                  
Saturday, Dec. 19                               vs. Kansas State                                                      Kansas City, Mo. (Sprint Center)                           
Monday, Dec. 21                                UMKC                                                                      Pinnacle Bank Arena                                                  
Tuesday, Dec. 29                                Florida A&M                                                           Pinnacle Bank Arena

1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

Here is the readable version for us older folk

2020-21 Nebraska Men’s Basketball Non-Conference Schedule
Date                                                    Opponent                                                               Location
Monday, Nov. 2                                 Peru State (exhibition)                                           Pinnacle Bank Arena

If you squint a little watching this one, you can pretend we're pounding the crap out of Creighton.

1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

Mon.-Wed., Nov. 30-Dec. 2              TBA (ACC/B1G Challenge)                                     Pinnacle Bank Arena

Pitt, Wake and UNC all finished tied for last in the ACC last year. Wake played a road game in the B1G/ACC challenge, while UNC and Pitt had home games. One of those two, possibly?

Pitt is one of the participants in the Myrtle Beach Invitational, so probably not if we are in their bracket.

(The event, taking place November 19, 20 and 22, at the HTC Center on the campus of Coastal Carolina University in Conway, S.C., will feature Charlotte (Conference USA), Dayton (Atlantic 10), Loyola (Missouri Valley), Missouri (Southeastern), Nebraska (Big Ten), Penn (Ivy), Pittsburgh (Atlantic Coast) and Utah State (Mountain West).