2020-21 Husker opponents

AuroranHusker

The first games of the 2020-21 season are known to *not* take place November 19-22 in the Myrtle Beach Invitational as 

The "2020 Golden Window" is in Lincoln, Nebraska: November 25-28, 2020.

Golden Window

Nebraska hosts Cleveland State, per local media.

Nebraska will host IPFW (Purdue-Fort Wayne) of the Horizon League (formerly of the Summit,  with fellow University of Nebraska system mate, Omaha Mavs.)

Nebraska hosts UMKC, the 'Roos.

No photo description available.

Edited by AuroranHusker
Golden Window confirmed 11-11-2020

• hhcmatt pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, hskr4life said:

This is quietly a solid field.

This years non-con tournament field (not good) was very indicative of us as a team. Hopefully next years tourney lineup means we should have a decent squad. I think Hoiberg has a good feel for his teams. Remember he had been telling us since summer that we werent going to be very good this year lol.

• 2 months later...

Of course under the “Fairness of Savagery” act, I also thought Husker football would go thru the B1G like a hot knife through butter (whoops) I don’t have the winning % in front of me but one could argue the Basketball team has enjoyed more success. TWO 4th place finishes vs ONE Title game blowout... ? That’s all we have right now, splitting hairs over which program sucks the least...

2 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

Of course under the “Fairness of Savagery” act, I also thought Husker football would go thru the B1G like a hot knife through butter (whoops) I don’t have the winning % in front of me but one could argue the Basketball team has enjoyed more success. TWO 4th place finishes vs ONE Title game blowout... ? That’s all we have right now, splitting hairs over which program sucks the least...

Right now we stand at 58-102 all time in the Big Ten.

We've had two 12 game stretches where we went 10-2.  Outside of those stretches, we are 38-98.

24 minutes ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

Right now we stand at 58-102 all time in the Big Ten.

We've had two 12 game stretches where we went 10-2.  Outside of those stretches, we are 38-98.

That’s why I didn’t want to look it up, I’m perpetually glass half full guy, but when we’re bad, we’re BAD, bad...

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, throwback said:

Channel 8 said last night NU has a home game with Cleveland St on the 20-21 schedule - coach there is Coach Gates' brother, Dennis

Ah, Cleveland State, the team that Jerry Tarkanian said the NCAA put on probation because the NCAA was so mad at Kentucky!

3 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Hot damn that’s a pretty good gig.  A neutral site game that should have a lot of red, then the trip to Lincoln next.  The road game doesn’t come until Hoibergs 4th year as a coach which should provide a good team the chance at a road W.

Aren't both games being played at the Sprint Center?  So both games would be neutral site games