Southern (2-2) vs. Nebraska (4-0) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

I thought I heard Coatney say on the broadcast that he was going to ask about Helms but then I did not hear him ask Amy.  Maybe I didn't hear things correctly, but I thought it was strange there was no mention.
There was no mention of Helms in the postgame with coach.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, huskerchode said:

I thought I heard Coatney say on the broadcast that he was going to ask about Helms but then I did not hear him ask Amy.  Maybe I didn't hear things correctly, but I thought it was strange there was no mention.

Matt mentioned that Helms was not on the bench.  No mention of asking coach.  Besides the coaches are not going to tell anything.  They will released info when they release info, never before they are ready.

3 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

So it goes. If they have they would have got the same answer as they had been getting.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

One sure thing, without asking the question, we won't know how she would respond.  Regarding Helms, not dressing for the game was a new development.  

10 minutes ago, whoopdeedoo said:

i listened to the game from Huskers.com (which i usually do) and had no issues.

I don't have any sound problems using Husker.com with laptop/PC on line, but got no sound last night, using my iphone.

Usually don't use my phone to listen/watch the games anyway, but did check it last night just because others expressed they couldn't either

Edited by redsteve

Just to clarify..
  2 minutes ago, redsteve said:

I don't have any issue listening to Husker.com on line ..(computer), but got no sound last night, using my iPhone. (via internet)

Usually don'r use my phone to listen/watch the games, but did check it last night just because others expressed they couldn't either. (using internet service)

I wasn't the only one according to other posts

i usually listen with my phone connected to internet.

Matt Coatney came out with this post on his FB page.

I want to take a moment and give you my personal rule on commenting on player injuries. We are five games into the basketball season and I have received countless messages on social media asking me specific questions about player injuries each and every day this season. I have not nor will I respond to those. I'm not trying to be a jerk. Injury information is something that is privacy protected at many levels and released through official channels. If I'm allowed to know injury information from the team, I get paid by my employer to release that information through my radio broadcasts. If I'm allowed to comment on injury information, that's where I'll discuss it, either on a game broadcast or coach's show. Additionally, I spend a great deal of time combing social media to find out why our opponent players are out. I read players' mom's friends' Instagrams, Twitter posts and especially Facebook. Through the years I've given our coaches valuable information about opponent injuries that wasn't otherwise available. For example, let's say K-State's best player has a high ankle sprain & is out for three games. That is invaluable information for their next opponent because they don't have to prepare for that player. K-State, however, doesn't want to release that as they want their next opponent to waste hours unnecessarily scheming against a player who won't play. If that player's mom's best friend puts on Facebook - "I was going to go to the K-State game with Betsy Sunday, but she isn't going since her daughter Katie isn't going to play, so who's up for a backyard bar-b-cue?" they have just given away tremendous information. I can't tell you how many times I've found out stuff like that on our opponents. Thus, if you send me a question, even on a private message, it's not personal, but I'm not going to answer it. I hope you understand. Thank you for your attention.