SIUE (1-2) vs. Nebraska (3-0) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

1 hour ago, whoopdeedoo said:

how can that be?!? i thought bluder was one of the best coaches in the country! 😉

minny taking it to #19 Arizona State---leading 59-44 late in the 3rd. think they said minny has 34 points in the paint.

We've talked about it before...Iowa lost the majority of their scoring to graduation....so we kind of thought they had to come down to earth this year....so to speak....

.... Can't pick  a more deserving team to loose  :)

Edited by redsteve

Here's the Link to the Game Recap & to the Official Box Score.  (Attendance 3,537)

Huskers Claw Past Cougars

https://huskers.com/news/2019/11/17/womens-basketball-wbb-recap.aspx

Lincoln - Nicea Eliely posted her second straight double-double with game highs of 13 points and 10 rebounds to power Nebraska to a 63-49 women's basketball win over SIUE on Sunday afternoon at Pinnacle Bank Arena.

The 6-1 senior wing from Colorado Springs, Colo., added game highs of four steals and two blocks as well to go along with three assists to help the Huskers improve to 4-0 on the young season. She also scored eight of Nebraska's final 10 points over the game's final 5:15 to secure the 14-point win over the Cougars, who slipped to 1-3.

Sophomores Leigha Brown (12 points) and Ashtyn Veerbeek (10) added double figures for the Big Red, while senior guard Hannah Whitish pitched in eight points, a career-high nine rebounds and a game-high five assists.   (More at the Link)

1 hour ago, whoopdeedoo said:

anyone else see this photo? quite a scar there on helm's lower leg. assume the other is the same. 😮 really must love the game to go through the procedure that may or may not give her some relief. 🤞🏻👍🏻

88272E0E-338C-451A-9B11-9BCD9EF153BE.jpeg

Is that Griffin, back row, far right?  Great picture, thanks.

On 11/17/2019 at 3:01 PM, redsteve said:

Hope to see no let up from the team.   Focus and play hard until the buzzer.  (:Cheer2:)

Really have enjoyed the scoring machine so far this year. Has been one of the important ingredients needed...in the last couple of years.   (:Bow:

My BTN + isn't working worth a darn...keeps pausing .....##&&&(())**##@@!!

The game is still on the BTN+ menu so I re-watched it last night.  Unfortunately it still freezes (I was hoping freezes were just a transmission problem  & the game tape would be ok - silly me).  I also had Matt & Jeff's audio on (from the Huskers.com audio archive - played via the soundcloud app on my Android).  I noticed each time the video froze, the freeze frame skipped ahead several seconds (you can tell by the game clock) and remained frozen until the audio p-b-p reached that point, and the video would start (until it would freeze again). 

The funny thing is, once synced, the audio & video seemed to stay pretty close together, when the video was playing.  Even though the video froze, having the audio to pick up the slack during the period it was frozen made the game a lot more  'watchable.'