Shamiel Appeal Denied. The NCAA killed Kenny.

Norm Peterson

Nothing new. As in no news. Either way. Could be he gets a waiver, but perhaps not. We don't yet know. And no one with any authority has said anything official. Yet. Not even Bryan Rosenthal.

As soon as I hear something, I'll post it here.

If anyone else hears something definitive first, feel free to "beat me to the punch."

For the love of all things Holy, please do not "bump" this thread with impertinent responses. Those of us who've been suckered into clicking the "Shamiel is N" thread thank you in advance.

Edited by Norm Peterson

33 minutes ago, thrasher31 said:

@hhcmatt I never got an answer on this. Are they trying to turn last year into a redshirt year so he's a redshirt sophomore? I believe that's what I heard on the radio or something. If that's the case then I can understand it taking some time. Not your average waiver request

The alternative is that Stevenson loses a year of eligibility. Seems unlikely anyone would want that.  

2 hours ago, thrasher31 said:

@hhcmatt I never got an answer on this. Are they trying to turn last year into a redshirt year so he's a redshirt sophomore? I believe that's what I heard on the radio or something. If that's the case then I can understand it taking some time. Not your average waiver request

Keep in mind that I believe Stevenson played 4 games as a sophomore at Pitt.  I've always suspected/hoped that the NCAA will make a ruling after our 4th game and declare him immediately eligible as a Sophomore with the balance of this year to play plus two more seasons.  Given the unique situation, that seems the most fair to me but this is the NCAA after all.

14 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

David Wingett played 4 games at Memphis. He still is classified as a freshman.

He was injured. Shamiel's coach got fired. You get a medical redshirt for the one situation but the other one doesn't generally get you a year back. 

I think it should and I hope it does (end up with Shamiel cleared to play as a sophomore), but there is a difference between the two situations.

6 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

He was injured. Shamiel's coach got fired. You get a medical redshirt for the one situation but the other one doesn't generally get you a year back. 

I think it should and I hope it does (end up with Shamiel cleared to play as a sophomore), but there is a difference between the two situations.

Gotcha. 

*Sorry if this was already posted*

According to LJS here are the two scenarios:

1. Waiver is approved and Stevenson will have the rest of this season left to play and next year.

2. Waiver is denied and Stevenson will redshirt the ENTIRE year and have two full seasons to play.

Doesnt seem like gaining an extra year of eligibility is part of the waiver. He will be a junior no matter what. If thats the case I almost hope scenario number two happens... right?

9 minutes ago, khoock said:

*Sorry if this was already posted*

According to LJS here are the two scenarios:

1. Waiver is approved and Stevenson will have the rest of this season left to play and next year.

2. Waiver is denied and Stevenson will redshirt the ENTIRE year and have two full seasons to play.

Doesnt seem like gaining an extra year of eligibility is part of the waiver. He will be a junior no matter what. If thats the case I almost hope scenario number two happens... right?

At this point it would be best if the waiver is denied. 

Didn't we go after this guy?
Texas Tech’s Joel Ntambwe has his transfer waiver appeal denied, Chris Beard told

UNLV transfer.  

Also:

Robin Washut Retweeted

Tom Izzo announces transfer Joey Hauser has been denied his appeal by the NCAA