Morgan State (2-1) vs. Nebraska (2-0) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

Thank you Nicea...you saved us !   15 rebounds..and was a big disrupter on defense. Help us stay in the game...and bust it open late.

Our zone slowed them down. Excellent at the free throw line tonight...kept us in the game 

Leigha loves this kind of game....lets her play free

We finally wore them out a bit

Edited by redsteve

37 minutes ago, redsteve said:

Thank you Nicea...you saved us !   15 rebounds..and was a big disrupter on defense. Help us stay in the game...and bust it open late.

Our zone slowed them down. Excellent at the free throw line tonight...kept us in the game 

Leigha loves this kind of game....lets her play free

We finally wore them out a bit

Leigha is instant offense but really needs to play some defense!

Bourne is going to be a nice addition for sure. 

Game Recap & link to Box Score.

Eliely Double-Double Powers Huskers (To A Win! :Hair Fire::Cheer2:  :Cheer2:  :Cheer2: )

https://huskers.com/news/2019/11/14/womens-basketball-wbb-recap.aspx

Senior Nicea Eliely erupted for her first career double-double by putting up 12 points and pulling down a career-best 15 rebounds to lead Nebraska to a 78-55 women's basketball win over Morgan State on Thursday night. 

Sophomore Leigha Brown added a big spark off the bench with a game-high 16 points and a career-high-matching five assists to help the Huskers improve to 3-0 on the young season. Sophomore Ashtyn Veerbeek and Kate Cain each pitched in 13 points inside to drop Morgan State to 2-2 on the season........................

Edited by Red Don

So those of you at the game did you notice both Taylor, and Trinity did not spend a lot of time on the bench? Taylor spent a little more time than Trinity. After the half both came out with sunglasses, and ear plugs. Would not be surprised to not see either one on Sunday as well. 

They had the ear plugs in before the game when they came out for the starting lineups and Sam McCowan asked coach about the players wearing the sunglasses and all she said was that she trusts their doctors on how they're handling the concussion protocol

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

For a lightly regarded team, I was impressed with Morgan State.  They worked their fannies off on the defensive end.  They also crashed the boards on both ends.  Good to see our depth prevail.  There was quite a discrepancy at the line, but don't think they were "homered" in any way.  If anything, they got away with quite a few fouls in the paint.  They also threw up quite a few prayers, that managed to bounce off the glass and find the hoop.  Well done ladies, Bears and Huskers.       

Edited by 12dozen

45 minutes ago, 12dozen said:

For a lightly regarded team, I was impressed with Morgan State.  They worked their fannies off on the defensive end.  They also crashed the boards on both ends.  Good to see our depth prevail.  There was quite a discrepancy at the line, but don't think they were "homered" in any way.  If anything, they got away with quite a few fouls in the paint.  They also threw up quite a few prayers, that managed to bounce off the glass and find the hoop.  Well done ladies, Bears and Huskers.       

Homered ? ...no

Morgan St's type of play leads to committing many fouls. I'm glad the fouls were called, and yes, and frankly...many were missed by the refs. I used to hate having my teams play other teams with their focus was on disruption and chaos. Constant fouling when trying to steal the ball, rebounding, etc.  Many refs (lower levels of play - non college) wouldn't/couldn't call all the fouls. 

Luckily,  we made an excellent percentage of the free throws...80% The difference in the game in terms of keeping us in the game when our shooting wasn't the greatest.

Morgan St did shoot well at times...was a little surprised by that. They will win lots of games.

Edited by redsteve

Thanks [mention=996]redsteve[/mention]!!!  Great Videos!

(Edit:  I don't know if anyone has talked about the source of the concussion(s).  Practice?  Seems unusual we'd have two players suffering concussions at the same time.)

They happened in practice on

Homered ? ...no

Morgan St's type of play leads to committing many fouls. I'm glad the fouls were called, and yes, and frankly...many were missed by the refs. I used to hate having my teams play other teams with their focus was on disruption and chaos. Constant fouling when trying to steal the ball, rebounding, etc.  Many refs (lower levels of play - non college) wouldn't/couldn't call all the fouls. 

Luckily,  we made an excellent percentage of the free throws...80% The difference in the game in terms of keeping us in the game when our shooting wasn't the greatest.

Morgan St did shoot well at times...was a little surprised by that. They will win lots of games.
Like I said last night the Huskers could have shot 50 or more free throws had they called everything but I guess you can't so

30 minutes ago, Merlin said:

Had a young man last year that suffered a concussion playing football. It was recommended that he not attend the games the rest of the year Plus was limited with classroom time to avoid excess noise. 

It wasn't until state track was over and my daughter was able to be at home and do nothing for 3 weeks that she started to make real progress.  Didn't even watch tv or anything, just rested and didn't do anything.  And, yes, she did get cleared to compete in state track literally 1 hour before her event but afterwards she was puking her guts out and had a terrible headache.