WBB: Game #24 @ Iowa

Row6Seat10

Nebraska Cornhuskers (17-6, 7-3 Big Ten) at Iowa Hawkeyes (16-8, 5-5 Big Ten)

Monday, Feb. 11, 7:36 p.m.
Carver-Hawkeye Arena (Iowa City, Iowa)

National TV: BTN (Kevin Kugler-PBP; Debbie Antonelli-Analyst)
Radio: 25-Station IMG College Husker Sports Network  (PBP-Matt Coatney; Analyst-Jeff Griesch)

(KBBK 107.3 FM, Lincoln; KFFF 93.3 FM, Omaha; KRVN 880 AM, Lexington; KLIQ 94.5 FM Hastings; KNEB 94.1 FM, KNEB 960 AM, Scottsbluff; KCOW 1400 AM, Alliance; KRFS 103.9 FM, Superior)
Free Internet Audio: Huskers.com

7162421-las-nebraska-at-iowa-womens-bask

Huskers Hope to Stay Hot in Road Battle with Hawkeyes

The Nebraska women's basketball team continues its two-game Big Ten road swing when the Huskers head to Iowa to battle the Hawkeyes on Monday night in Iowa City. Tip-off between the Huskers and the Hawkeyes is set for 7:36 p.m.

Nebraska stretched its Big Ten winning streak to five games by claiming its fourth victory in five Big Ten road games this season with a 55-50 win at Northwestern on Thursday night. The Huskers built a 15-point lead midway through the second half, before holding on for the win.

A win at Iowa would give Nebraska just its third six-game conference winning streak (1997, 2010), and just the second four-game road conference winning streak in Husker history (2010).

Iowa comes into Monday night's game with Nebraska at 16-8 overall and 5-5 in the Big Ten. The Hawkeyes are coming off a 72-60 loss at Minnesota. It was Iowa's third straight setback after cracking the national top-25.

Coach Lisa Bluder's Hawkeyes are one of the Big Ten's most balanced teams. Iowa enters the game shooting a solid 42.5 percent from the field, including an impressive 35 percent from three-point range. Iowa has been even better from long range in Big Ten play, hitting 36.9 percent of its attempts.

Nebraska is tied in the all-time series with Iowa, 7-7, including 1-3 in Iowa City, 3-3 in Lincoln and 3-1 on neutral courts. The Huskers swept three games from the Hawkeyes last season.

Probable Starters:

Nebraska Cornhuskers
3 - Hailie Sample - 6-1 - So. - F
23 - Emily Cady - 6-2 - So. - F
35 - Jordan Hooper - 6-2 - Jr. - F
00 - Lindsey Moore - 5-9 - Sr. - G
24 - Rachel Theriot - 6-0 - Fr. - G

Iowa Hawkeyes
51 - Bethany Doolittle - 6-4 - So. - F
12 - Morgan Johnson - 6-5 - Sr. - C
22 - Samantha Logic - 5-8 - So. - G
23 - Theairra Taylor - 5-11 - Jr. - G
24 - Jaime Printy - 5-11 - Sr. - G

Jordan Hooper and Lindsey Moore both crossed the 1,500-career point mark in Nebraska's win at Northwestern. Hooper finished with 19 points to push her career total to 1,516. Moore scored 16 points to push her career mark to 1,505 points.

Lindsey Moore set the Nebraska record by making the 121st consecutive start of her career breaking Meggan Yedsena’s record of 120 when the Huskers played at Northwestern on Thursday.

Lindsey Moore notched four steals in Nebraska's win at Northwestern on Thursday night to increase her career total to 194.

Huskers Hope to Stay Hot in Iowa                             huskers.com

Good start for the Huskers! 9 point lead for the Big Red at the half 41-32. Balanced scoring up and down the roster.

JHoop leading the way with 17 points and 4 rebounds but 2 fouls

Brandi Jeffery with 8 big points off the bench. Zeroes yet to score.

Need to clean up some sloppy turnovers that cost us at least a half dozen points during the first half.

Huskers win despite doing all they could to give it away the last 2 and half minutes. Up by ten and win it by 1. 76-75

Hooper with a monster game can't believe they go away from her the last 5 minutes of the game.

Brandi Jeffery player of the game! #13 came to play tonight!

Hooper with 29 points 8 rebounds

Iron Woman Lindsey 14 pts, 7 boards, 7 assists 40 minutes all 14 pts in the second half.

Brandi Jeffery 10 points off the bench

Em Cady 9 points 8 boards

The really good:

For 35 minutes we looked really, really good!

clutch free throws at the end!

4-0 over Iowa in B1G play

2nd place in the conference all to ourselves!

It drives me nuts too when Yori has Moore just hold the ball till about 10 seconds to go and then we try to run a play.  I would say that we only score about 10% or less when doing this.  Most of the time we have to just throw up a prayer and hope it at least hits the rim so we can get a rebound.  And throwing it too Sample to take a shot is almost pointless.  If you throw it to Theriot, she'll pass it off instead of taking the shot.  Come on Connie, play to win and not to lose!

Ok, so I am an WBB Alumni and I love reading all of you criticisms but today I was compelled to sign up and respond. Row6seat10, I actually felt Williams did a graet job. I had recorded the game so watched it later most of the game criticisms I agreed with but Williams only was scored on 2 by there post and it was not her fault the help didn't get there in time. I played for Connie Yori and know her defense scheme. Williams had 4 strong box outs allowing Nebraska to rebound the ball, Williams had 2 deflections/ altered Iowa shots, She played very physical in the paint. She had 0 turnovers, 2 points in the paint all within 10 minutes of play. She did her job. If you watch closely when she is in the game she impacts the amount of Rebounds the opposing post players get by strong box outs. Also, Jordan was scored on 5 times but once again half of those were also the help defense not getting there in time. So it makes it seem like the post are getting scored on but that is not the case 80% of the time. Just trying to give some insight. Total respect you as a fan. Have a great day!

Ok, so I am an WBB Alumni and I love reading all of you criticisms but today I was compelled to sign up and respond. Row6seat10, I actually felt Williams did a graet job. I had recorded the game so watched it later most of the game criticisms I agreed with but Williams only was scored on 2 by there post and it was not her fault the help didn't get there in time. I played for Connie Yori and know her defense scheme. Williams had 4 strong box outs allowing Nebraska to rebound the ball, Williams had 2 deflections/ altered Iowa shots, She played very physical in the paint. She had 0 turnovers, 2 points in the paint all within 10 minutes of play. She did her job. If you watch closely when she is in the game she impacts the amount of Rebounds the opposing post players get by strong box outs. Also, Jordan was scored on 5 times but once again half of those were also the help defense not getting there in time. So it makes it seem like the post are getting scored on but that is not the case 80% of the time. Just trying to give some insight. Total respect you as a fan. Have a great day!

Thanks for the post.  It's a good one.  Keep 'em coming.

It is my hope that none of the players or their families read these blogs. I know what it is like to be a Div 1 Player. Williams has been very impact full in several games with her injury and for a fan to attack not just her but any player is so so sad :(

To all the players on the Nebraska Womens Basketball Team we appreciate all your hard work and dedication. Spoken from a player that has been there! Continued Good Luck for the rest of your season and to your Awesome Coaching Staff!

It is my hope that none of the players or their families read these blogs. I know what it is like to be a Div 1 Player. Williams has been very impact full in several games with her injury and for a fan to attack not just her but any player is so so sad :(

To all the players on the Nebraska Womens Basketball Team we appreciate all your hard work and dedication. Spoken from a player that has been there! Continued Good Luck for the rest of your season and to your Awesome Coaching Staff!

Actually, 00's dad posted on here a few weeks ago, So they do read this forum. I have meet Meghin Williams's family and they are very nice people. And as far as Miles ahead of the rest, last week it was Katie Simon has no bussiness on the court.

I have met WIlliams family as well.  Does that mean that because she and her family are very nice people that they should get more minutes or that they can't receive criticism?  

I have nothing against Williams or Simon, but they both struggle against Big 10 competition.  That's all I'm saying

Everyone that's healthy has to play come minutes for this squad to be successful.  Wish we would have closed out the game a little better but I like the ball in 00's hands.

Actually players who aren't healthy will have to play minutes.  Just the way it is this year.  Williams plays 10-12 minutes a game hurt.  Theriot plays 25-35 hurt.  Not sure  how Sample's leg and back are.  Jeffrey will not be healthy again this season.  We will never have 5 healthy players on the court at one time from this point forward.   These players are tough and do their best under the circumstances. 

Actually, 00's dad posted on here a few weeks ago, So they do read this forum. I have meet Meghin Williams's family and they are very nice people. And as far as Miles ahead of the rest, last week it was Katie Simon has no bussiness on the court.

I have met WIlliams family as well.  Does that mean that because she and her family are very nice people that they should get more minutes or that they can't receive criticism?  

I have nothing against Williams or Simon, but they both struggle against Big 10 competition.  That's all I'm saying

And you don't think sample struggles just saying