Would you rather.......

SkersHoops

Would you rather......  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Would your rather.......

• Get to .500 by conference time......... Show some improvement 
    • Lose all of our Non-Con games, But beat "The Blueturds" ......... Show some improvement 

10 hours ago, OmahaHusker said:

Say what you want about the team to the east but I do wish we would’ve recruited Shereef Mitchell more. Maybe it’s just my bias for in-state talent but that dude is a dog defensively.  

He certainly had that reputation. Checking out the box scores it looks like he has started both of their games, which is pretty impressive.  Does he have an outside shot? Perhaps he does and doesn't have the green light at this point. It doesn't seem like Hoiberg would recruit a guy that short unless he had serious offensive game, does it?

Surprised at the animus shown against the Bluejays here-but I am not a native Nebraskan. Usually they have at least one player who really rubs me the wrong way but this year Ballek is the only one who seems vaguely distasteful.I'm glad the McDermott/Miles streak finally got broken. Do McDermott and Hoiberg have a mutual record yet? From what I saw against Michigan, the .500 record by conference time would seem much more likely, although I didn't give the Blue Aces much of a chance last night either.

1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

He certainly had that reputation. Checking out the box scores it looks like he has started both of their games, which is pretty impressive.  Does he have an outside shot? Perhaps he does and doesn't have the green light at this point. It doesn't seem like Hoiberg would recruit a guy that short unless he had serious offensive game, does it?

Very true. I'm pretty sure it would've been on Miles to recruit him because I believe he had committed before HCFH was hired. I don't think he has much of a shot, but from the little of the first half I washed he was pretty lock down on a four-year starter in Simpson. Sometimes it's just nice to have that guy, but you're right I don't think that really matches what Hoiberg wants to do anyway. 

1 minute ago, OmahaHusker said:

Very true. I'm pretty sure it would've been on Miles to recruit him because I believe he had committed before HCFH was hired. I don't think he has much of a shot, but from the little of the first half I washed he was pretty lock down on a four-year starter in Simpson. Sometimes it's just nice to have that guy, but you're right I don't think that really matches what Hoiberg wants to do anyway. 

Correct, that was a Miles deal. Seemed like Mitchell was Creighton's to lose. Would he be here if Miles had landed him instead of MAW? I honestly don't know.

58 minutes ago, OmahaHusker said:

Shereef has a good 3 point shot and was near 40% I think his senior year but not that consistent before then. Not sure how he shot in prep school. He had a great mid range pull up game at Burke (kind of reminded me of Glynn a bit). I watched him the first couple games and he is just not looking for his shot much but he brings energy on both ends. I think Simpson was a good lesson for him last night and he had a rough time but he’ll improve.

Wish Miles would have offered him before prep school, might have had a chance but he always liked CU.

He is a really good kid and I will be cheering for him 

Edited by Art Vandalay