Keep calm

OurDecay

15 hours ago, tcp said:

Problem with Kavas is he likely surrenders more on defense than he can make for you. He's a significant liability on the court right now, unless I'm totally recalling the plus/minus stats from the two games, in which case just call me bad names.

My favorite website is sports-reference.com.  They have a defensive win share, that estimates the amount of wins a player contributes on the defensive end.  Obviously, Roby led the team in that category last year at 2.2.  With a small sample size this year, our leader at 0.2 is Mack and Green.  Kavas is listed at 0.1.  They also have a defensive rating (an estimate of points allowed per 100 possessions.  He is the 2nd worst among regulars at 103.4.  Our worst is Cross at 104.0.

1 minute ago, brfrad said:

My favorite website is sports-reference.com.  They have a defensive win share, that estimates the amount of wins a player contributes on the defensive end.  Obviously, Roby led the team in that category last year at 2.2.  With a small sample size this year, our leader at 0.2 is Mack and Green.  Kavas is listed at 0.1.  They also have a defensive rating (an estimate of points allowed per 100 possessions.  He is the 2nd worst among regulars at 103.4.  Our worst is Cross at 104.0.

Ouch. Some players have to hate that there's a place out there that rates that stuff.

38 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Just wanted to take this time to say that of all the new players that Kevin Cross is my favorite and I look forward to him, assuming that he is not injured nor goes pro, gunning for Dave Hoppen's scoring record.

I think Hoppen's career scoring record is safe. If Kevin's in the running for that career scoring mark, he'll turn pro long before he gets there. Hoppen averaged almost 20 ppg as a sophomore and over 20 ppg as a junior and senior.

5 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I think Hoppen's career scoring record is safe. If Kevin's in the running for that career scoring mark, he'll turn pro long before he gets there. Hoppen averaged almost 20 ppg as a sophomore and over 20 ppg as a junior and senior.

Mr Cross only needs to average 17ppg for his career and gets to do so in a Fred Hoiberg offense

6 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Ouch. Some players have to hate that there's a place out there that rates that stuff.

That's true.  Especially, if your coach is into analytics.  As I'm sure they have their own rating system, similar to this system. 

I'm sure it is like kenpom, only free.  Which is why I use it.