WBB Game #2, (W, 90-85 OT), Sun, 11/10 @ Missouri, 2:00pm CT, SECN Plus (free video stream)

Red Don

12 minutes ago, Merlin said:

Missouri has 2 really nice players. Guessing they might be a middle pack SEC team this year. 

True, they lost a lot due to graduations, but:

Missouri returns three starters and seven letterwinners from last year's team that went 24-11 overall and 10-6 in the SEC before advancing to the second round of the 2019 NCAA Tournament. It was Missouri's second-straight 24-win season, and fourth straight year with 22 or more victories.

Missouri is known for a tenacious defense.

Edited by Red Don

5 minutes ago, Red Don said:

:Signhuh: 

Missouri returns three starters and seven letterwinners from last year's team that went 24-11 overall and 10-6 in the SEC before advancing to the second round of the 2019 NCAA Tournament. It was Missouri's second-straight 24-win season, and fourth straight year with 22 or more victories.

Missouri is known for a tenacious defense.

Just watching the game, they had a 5 star freshman named Blackwell and a senior Smith that stood out. 

4 hours ago, Red Don said:

Sorry Bugs! :Redface:  :Wave:

Overtime WIN!!!!!   90-85,  WAY TO GO LADIES!!!! :Bow::Bow::Bow: THE WINNING-EST TEAM WE HAVE!!!

Huskers Battle Mizzou Sunday

Don't Miss IT!upload_2017-11-2_14-45-24-gif.13235  ( The Women's Teams are the only winning teams we have! :Cheer2::Cheer2::Cheer2:)

(This will be a B1G Test for us. :nod: Mizzou is a returning Tournament Team!:Gobigred:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~GOOOOO LADY :Huskers: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Game will be live-streamed on SECN Plus
(a free video stream should be available to Husker Fans image.gif)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nebraska hits the road for the first time in 2019-20 to take on one of its oldest foes, as the Huskers face Missouri on Sunday in Columbia.

A live video stream will be provided by SEC Network+, which is available through WatchESPN and the ESPN App. Ben Arnet will call the play-by-play, while former Tiger and Kansas Jayhawk Lauren Aldridge will provide analysis. Aldridge started all 35 games for Mizzou last season.

• Live radio coverage (beginning at 1:45 p.m.) can be heard in Lincoln on B107.3 FM, in Omaha on ESPN 590 AM, and across central Nebraska on 880 AM KRVN in Lexington. Stations across the state will also carry the broadcast on the Learfield-IMG College Husker Sports Network. Free live audio can be found at Huskers.com, the Huskers App and on TuneIn with Matt Coatney & Jeff Greisch on the call.

Missouri is known for a tenacious defense. Last season, the Tigers surrendered just 58.7 points per game and held opponents to just 37 percent shooting from the field, including 29.5 percent from three-point range. MU hit 44.6 percent of its field goals last year, including 36 percent of its threes while hitting 8.3 threes per game.

Much More at the Link:

https://huskers.com/index.aspx?path=wbball

I was busy installing a light in the bathroom. It turned out to be a little more than I thought, so I didn't get the game thread up. But you did a fine job Red Don.

Three things from the today, FT shooting % was @ 71 & we had more Offensive rebounds than Missouri 14 to 10 plus the TO's were 13 to 19 in our favor. good to see improvement in those areas. With Mizzou being a defensive pressure team, the turnovers were a good sign.

42 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

I was busy installing a light in the bathroom. It turned out to be a little more than I thought, so I didn't get the game thread up. But you did a fine job Red Don.

Shucks, (kicking foot in dirt), Just trying to fill-in where I can!  :Redface:  :wink:

Did not get to see the game.  Listened to it on the radio and I have a few take aways.  Loved the way Hannah picked up her game on defensive end.  Career high five take aways ( nicely played).  The way the two sophs. took over the game offensively, awesome cause those are the two we should want taking over.  In truth with Nicea out, when they took the lead, I thought we were going to lose.  Our mental toughness is at a much higher level this year.  Finally, huge win they are going to be atop 50 rpi team and we won in their house.

yes---huskers got a huge break when missouri missed those two free throws near the end of regulation. feels pretty good they took advantage of the opportunity handed to them---and, without 4 (5 players-cain?). unless i missed it, i didn't hear matt or jeff mention anything about cain. hopefully it is nothing to be concerned about. keep it rolling now!

one game at a time, but, looking at schedule hoping the huskers can be 6-0 going up against USC. USC had the 5th rated recruiting class for 2019. 

Edited by whoopdeedoo

14 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Miss Helms didn't get into the game today. Thought maybe the way the fouls were going that we might get to see her.

man, don't want to be negative------but, with her physical ailment it raises some questions. i think if she could play, she would have been in there. idk, just hoping it isn't related. wonder how much she practices? i know it has been discussed in an earlier post, but, from everything i have read about the condition, i am just afraid we may be seeing a similar RB43 situation.☹️

also, didn't T. Brady have lingering problems from a car accident? sure hoping her concussion problem isn't related. fingers crossed for both of these players. i sure am hoping for the best! 

2 hours ago, whoopdeedoo said:

man, don't want to be negative------but, with her physical ailment it raises some questions. i think if she could play, she would have been in there. idk, just hoping it isn't related. wonder how much she practices? i know it has been discussed in an earlier post, but, from everything i have read about the condition, i am just afraid we may be seeing a similar RB43 situation.☹️

also, didn't T. Brady have lingering problems from a car accident? sure hoping her concussion problem isn't related. fingers crossed for both of these players. i sure am hoping for the best! 

Hemls tweeted after the Alabama A&M game. That she played pain free for the first in forever. But you have to wonder.

2 hours ago, whoopdeedoo said:

Yeah, Brady was in a bad wreck. but I think she got nicked up in practice.

13 minutes ago, redsteve said:

Helms had surgery over the winter as I understand it...missed lots of practice time this summer. So...it would seen normal as she's healed up,  that she's easing into the scheme of things. 

Take it slow and let her heal up and learn

think her twitter pic stated "round two" april 17, so, guess it was done early spring?

either way, gotta give her huge kudos for "going for it"!

Edited by whoopdeedoo

I don’t think she is hurt guys. I think she is a freshman and we have experienced good guards and it was a big game. She will get opportunities in some of these non conference games. On good teams freshman don’t automaticlaly come n and play immediately. Especially small guards.   With Hannah Sam Leigha nicea and Taylor 5 experienced good perimeter players for 3 spots there won’t b a ton of extra minutes for others early on 

Edited by kansashusker

52 minutes ago, whoopdeedoo said:

you would think that would be big news if she suffered an injury---even the possibility. haven't seen any mention yet. 

Might just be an Amy decision.  Bourne brings some additional depth.  Missouri wasn't dominant in the post.  The more athletic post players might be what the game called for 

yesterday.  Good results, regardless.

4 hours ago, 12dozen said:

Any updates on Kate?  Not seeing any mention of an injury anywhere.  Hope that is a good thing.

51 minutes ago, 12dozen said:

Might just be an Amy decision.  Bourne brings some additional depth.  Missouri wasn't dominant in the post.  The more athletic post players might be what the game called for 

yesterday.  Good results, regardless.

Kate Cain is a Blocking Machine (officially credited with two; I'm sure I heard Matt & Jeff give her credit with lots more, seems like every time one turned around they'd say another Block), but I'd like to see her become more of a 'Scoring' Machine too (1-8) :nod:.   A little more consistency could have kept the game out of reach.  I'll have to re-watch the game but I read somewhere that Kate likes to receive the ball high,  Isabelle Bourne seems to be one who can put it where Kate likes it.

Did not get to see the game.  Listened to it on the radio and I have a few take aways.  Loved the way Hannah picked up her game on defensive end.  Career high five take aways ( nicely played).  The way the two sophs. took over the game offensively, awesome cause those are the two we should want taking over.  In truth with Nicea out, when they took the lead, I thought we were going to lose.  Our mental toughness is at a much higher level this year.  Finally, huge win they are going to be atop 50 rpi team and we won in their house.