Southern Utah (1-0) vs. Nebraska (0-1) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

1 minute ago, hhcscott said:

Just an awful performance. No sugar coating it. Schedule will not get easier.

I got Southern, North Dakota, TAM-CC, and 1 of 2 against Northwestern. Those are my expected wins. I did not expect to win today. Still disappointed, of course. We improved our FG shooting from horrible to awful, though, so we're headed in the right direction.

I had a very interesting discussion after the first game with another fan. He told me he is concerned Hoiberg might turn out to be like Chip Kelly. One of the reasons Hoiberg (Iowa St bball) and Chip (Oregon fball) were so good bc they had barrier breaking, innovative offensive schemes. Both left for the pros in their respective sports and when they returned to college almost everyone is doing what they were doing. Not so innovative and cutting edge anymore.

This isnt necessarily my opinion but I thought it was an interesting take, albeit WAY too early in Hoibergs tenure, and worth sharing.

1 minute ago, GATA said:

And here I am, stupidly thinking we would at least play entertaining basketball under Hoiberg. 

Sports are dumb. Why do I waste my time with this crap?

My wife keeps pointing out how many hours of disappointment I would avoid if I just checked the Nebraska scores rather than sitting through it.

1 minute ago, khoock said:

I had a very interesting discussion after the first game with another fan. He told me he is concerned Hoiberg might turn out to be like Chip Kelly. One of the reasons Hoiberg (Iowa St bball) and Chip (Oregon fball) were so good bc they had barrier breaking, innovative offensive schemes. Both left for the pros in their respective sports and when they returned to college almost everyone is doing what they were doing. Not so innovative and cutting edge anymore.

This isnt necessarily my opinion but I thought it was an interesting take, albeit WAY too early in Hoibergs tenure, and worth sharing.

We haven’t even seen if this space and pace scheme is going to work in the Big Ten yet. Based on what I’ve seen I’m going with a hard no.