uneblinstu’s postgame chatter: vol 12; ed 1 - vs. UC Riverside

HuskerFever

29 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

And Kavas had 10 points, so the others had only 18 to UCR's 52. Not too good.

So Kavas' role should be limited those times when we might need a quick three. Run a couple of sets for him, and if he makes one or two, let him go until he doesn't. If he misses right away, limit the damage by getting him out ASAP.

3 hours ago, Mr. Red said:
4 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Some scapegoats for last night

• Team not used to male cheerleaders
  • NCAA not clearing Stevenson
  • Lack of "Can You Feel It" to start the game

Noticed that on TV.  Forget about the result of the game....Fire Hoiberg for getting rid of that song!

That wasn't a Hoiberg decision...

Also, can I use this time to gripe about how when then basketball team finds a cool tradition, the football team just goes ahead and steals it?

38 minutes ago, Dead Dog Alley said:
11 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

They said on the radio it was our first opening loss since Moe Iba 1980 vs Wyoming. At least that’s a school I’ve heard of and they MIGHT have had Fennis Dembo...

That Wyoming team had 3 NBA players and won an NCAA Tournament game.

Can someone help? I'm having a hard time finding UC Riverside on the Vegas books for NCAA tournament win odds this year... :lol:

16 hours ago, Blindcheck said:

Kavas was on the court for 42 possessions.....

Offense scored 28

Defense scored 52 

while he was on the court.

This might not be fair to entirely pin on Kavas, but since he played 25 minutes against UC-Riverside, that means ...

They scored 52 points in the 25 minutes he was on the floor (2 pts/min) and

only scored 14 points in the 15 minutes he was not on the floor (1 pt/min).

That's a pretty dramatic stat, actually.

33 minutes ago, NebrasketballJake said:

Just read in a Heady OWH write up that KenPom wise this was the worst Nebrasketball loss of the last decade. UCR was 285, compared to Gardner Webb at 181, Samford 221, and Incarnate Word 228. Oof

But, let's wait & see if UCR isn't that bad. It looks like they had a decent mix of players. I'd wait to crown their arses.... ol' KemPom isn't all that accurate in week 1.

2 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

This might not be fair to entirely pin on Kavas, but since he played 25 minutes against UC-Riverside, that means ...

They scored 52 points in the 25 minutes he was on the floor (2 pts/min) and

only scored 14 points in the 15 minutes he was not on the floor (1 pt/min).

That's a pretty dramatic stat, actually.

I think he's definitely a liability at the 4.  He doesn't have the lateral quickness necessary.  I think he's less of a liability at the 5 if he can stretch the court for us at the other end.  Cross might be a better option at the 4 than Kavas.  In fact, I'd be very curious to see a linuep of Mack, Burke, Cheatham, Cross, and Yvan.  I don't think we've seen the two kids play together yet.  They kind of compliment each other offensively.  Not sure if Cross is quite in shape enough for the 4 yet, but I really like his skillset there.  

19 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

That wasn't a Hoiberg decision...

Also, can I use this time to gripe about how when then basketball team finds a cool tradition, the football team just goes ahead and steals it?

Volleyball still uses "Can you feel it" this season don't they?

Scoreboard operator was obvious training on the job. Half the time it wasn’t even updated to reflect the correct players in the game.

** thought I heard a guy yelling next to me and realized it was a male cheerleader using the cone of amplification. Took me by surprise.

***Saw Nicklin Hames and Lauren Stivrins down in the front row with a handful of football players, most on the o line. Saw fans ask to take a photo with the volleyball team, and the football players were basically ignored. We live in strange and uncertain times!!