UC Riverside (0-0) vs. Nebraska (0-0) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

12 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

I change to the MSU Kentucky game to get away from this game. Hoiberg's kid gets in, Vitale "Fred's son, he's at Nebraska now, Nebraska getting pounded by Cal St Riverside" -  I can't escape.

I did the exact same thing lol. It was basically Dick saying “Nebraska....yikes” then going right back into his color commentary. 

2 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

The 2nd half was some of the most dispirited (If that’s even a word) basketball that I have seen.  There’s rough, then there’s no heart unacceptable.  We toed the line tonight.

I think the word you’re looking for is “uninspired”, but that performance might have needed a completely new word to fully describe it so I agree. 

2 minutes ago, FredsSlacks said:

anyone else think samari curtis would play more? he was mr basketball of ohio.

here's some other notable mr basketballs in ohio: zavier simpson, luke kennard, trey burke, jared sullinger, oj mayo, oh and that lebron james guy.

I was thinking the same.  In a game where you needed a bucket, no one else was making one, and no one else was playing defense, why not put someone in that could shoot it.

From time to time I check out a few other message boards for the other sports teams I follow, and I’ve always felt the regular posters on this board were by far and away the most thoughtful, reasonable, and patient. Refreshing to say the least. Always can count on coming here for good, respectful discussion and usually learn something from many  posters on here who clearly have a higher basketball IQ than I. But tonight, I gotta say, I’m a bit disappointed with the lack of perspective. Can’t believe it’s too common to have a new coach, staff, and damn near all new players in a new system all in one year.  Add to that an opposing team that couldn’t miss from deep behind the arc.  Let’s at least wait until January before we start spreading the doom and gloom. 

3 minutes ago, B1G Red said:

From time to time I check out a few other message boards for the other sports teams I follow, and I’ve always felt the regular posters on this board were by far and away the most thoughtful, reasonable, and patient. Refreshing to say the least. Always can count on coming here for good, respectful discussion and usually learn something from many  posters on here who clearly have a higher basketball IQ than I. But tonight, I gotta say, I’m a bit disappointed with the lack of perspective. Can’t believe it’s too common to have a new coach, staff, and damn near all new players in a new system all in one year.  Add to that an opposing team that couldn’t miss from deep behind the arc.  Let’s at least wait until January before we start spreading the doom and gloom. 

Game threads are here for that reason. Feel like it's a place we can be silly and unreasonable. Heads are on straight, for the most part, everywhere else on this board.