Jump to content

Recommended Posts

An article from the LJS surveyed all 16 players about varying categories. Below are the results for the following categories: Best defender? Best rebounder? Best dunker? Hardest to guard?

 

*Many players gave multiple players for each category (including themselves) and some gave no specific answer.

 

BEST DEFENDER (PLAYER NAME/# OF MENTIONS):

- Dachon Burke 13

- Haanif Cheatham 1

- Jervay Green 1

 

BEST REBOUNDER:

- Yvan Ouedraogo 8

- Derrick Walker 5

- Shamiel Stevenson 2

- Dalano Banton 1

- Kevin Cross 1

 

BEST DUNKER:

- Shamiel Stevenson 12

- Akol Arop 5

- Jervay Green 3

- Dalano Banton 2

- Cam Mack 1

- Derrick Walker 1

 

HARDEST TO GUARD:

- Cam Mack 6

- Dachon Burke 6

- Jervay Green 3

- Samari Curtis 3

- Dalano Banton 2

- Derrick Walker 1

- Haanif Cheatham 1

- Shamiel Stevenson 1

- Yvan Ouedraogo 1

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, khoock said:

An article from the LJS surveyed all 16 players about varying categories. Below are the results for the following categories: Best defender? Best rebounder? Best dunker? Hardest to guard?

 

*Many players gave multiple players for each category (including themselves) and some gave no specific answer.

 

BEST DEFENDER (PLAYER NAME/# OF MENTIONS):

- Dachon Burke 13

- Haanif Cheatham 1

- Jervay Green 1

 

BEST REBOUNDER:

- Yvan Ouedraogo 8

- Derrick Walker 5

- Shamiel Stevenson 2

- Dalano Banton 1

- Kevin Cross 1

 

BEST DUNKER:

- Shamiel Stevenson 12

- Akol Arop 5

- Jervay Green 3

- Dalano Banton 2

- Cam Mack 1

- Derrick Walker 1

 

HARDEST TO GUARD:

- Cam Mack 6

- Dachon Burke 6

- Jervay Green 3

- Samari Curtis 3

- Dalano Banton 2

- Derrick Walker 1

- Haanif Cheatham 1

- Shamiel Stevenson 1

- Yvan Ouedraogo 1

 

 

Interesting to see Shamiel Stevenson mentioned most often. NU needs that dude from the jump.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

Interesting survey results.  Really tells you something when Dachon is the nearly unanimous choice of the players for best defender.

Yeah, he was a Miles recruit and spent a year learning defensive concepts at a high division one level.  He is also long and quick.  

 

I had heard through the various grapevines that he used to give fits when guarding Palmer in practice last year.  So yes, it tells me something, but I am not surprised.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Yeah, he was a Miles recruit and spent a year learning defensive concepts at a high division one level.  He is also long and quick.  

 

I had heard through the various grapevines that he used to give fits when guarding Palmer in practice last year.  So yes, it tells me something, but I am not surprised.

He was a very good defender before he got here as well. Averaged over 2 steals a game and i wanna say he was DPOY from his previous conference or atleast all-defensive team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, khoock said:

He was a very good defender before he got here as well. Averaged over 2 steals a game and i wanna say he was DPOY from his previous conference or atleast all-defensive team.

Could only find that he was second-team all-Northeast Conference his sophomore year, averaging 2.1 steals (1st in the NEC) and 5.8 boards (14th in the NEC). The D player of the year was from Mt. Saint Mary's.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jayschool said:

Could only find that he was second-team all-Northeast Conference his sophomore year, averaging 2.1 steals (1st in the NEC) and 5.8 boards (14th in the NEC). The D player of the year was from Mt. Saint Mary's.

Maybe Fr of the year? I thought he had  another accolade 

Edited by khoock
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...