Player Survey

khoock

An article from the LJS surveyed all 16 players about varying categories. Below are the results for the following categories: Best defender? Best rebounder? Best dunker? Hardest to guard?

*Many players gave multiple players for each category (including themselves) and some gave no specific answer.

BEST DEFENDER (PLAYER NAME/# OF MENTIONS):

- Dachon Burke 13

- Haanif Cheatham 1

- Jervay Green 1

BEST REBOUNDER:

- Yvan Ouedraogo 8

- Derrick Walker 5

- Shamiel Stevenson 2

- Dalano Banton 1

- Kevin Cross 1

BEST DUNKER:

- Shamiel Stevenson 12

- Akol Arop 5

- Jervay Green 3

- Dalano Banton 2

- Cam Mack 1

- Derrick Walker 1

HARDEST TO GUARD:

- Cam Mack 6

- Dachon Burke 6

- Jervay Green 3

- Samari Curtis 3

- Dalano Banton 2

- Derrick Walker 1

- Haanif Cheatham 1

- Shamiel Stevenson 1

- Yvan Ouedraogo 1

2 hours ago, khoock said:

An article from the LJS surveyed all 16 players about varying categories. Below are the results for the following categories: Best defender? Best rebounder? Best dunker? Hardest to guard?

*Many players gave multiple players for each category (including themselves) and some gave no specific answer.

BEST DEFENDER (PLAYER NAME/# OF MENTIONS):

- Dachon Burke 13

- Haanif Cheatham 1

- Jervay Green 1

BEST REBOUNDER:

- Yvan Ouedraogo 8

- Derrick Walker 5

- Shamiel Stevenson 2

- Dalano Banton 1

- Kevin Cross 1

BEST DUNKER:

- Shamiel Stevenson 12

- Akol Arop 5

- Jervay Green 3

- Dalano Banton 2

- Cam Mack 1

- Derrick Walker 1

HARDEST TO GUARD:

- Cam Mack 6

- Dachon Burke 6

- Jervay Green 3

- Samari Curtis 3

- Dalano Banton 2

- Derrick Walker 1

- Haanif Cheatham 1

- Shamiel Stevenson 1

- Yvan Ouedraogo 1

Interesting to see Shamiel Stevenson mentioned most often. NU needs that dude from the jump.

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

Interesting survey results.  Really tells you something when Dachon is the nearly unanimous choice of the players for best defender.

Yeah, he was a Miles recruit and spent a year learning defensive concepts at a high division one level.  He is also long and quick.  

I had heard through the various grapevines that he used to give fits when guarding Palmer in practice last year.  So yes, it tells me something, but I am not surprised.

36 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Yeah, he was a Miles recruit and spent a year learning defensive concepts at a high division one level.  He is also long and quick.  

I had heard through the various grapevines that he used to give fits when guarding Palmer in practice last year.  So yes, it tells me something, but I am not surprised.

He was a very good defender before he got here as well. Averaged over 2 steals a game and i wanna say he was DPOY from his previous conference or atleast all-defensive team.

5 minutes ago, khoock said:

He was a very good defender before he got here as well. Averaged over 2 steals a game and i wanna say he was DPOY from his previous conference or atleast all-defensive team.

Could only find that he was second-team all-Northeast Conference his sophomore year, averaging 2.1 steals (1st in the NEC) and 5.8 boards (14th in the NEC). The D player of the year was from Mt. Saint Mary's.

4 hours ago, jayschool said:

Could only find that he was second-team all-Northeast Conference his sophomore year, averaging 2.1 steals (1st in the NEC) and 5.8 boards (14th in the NEC). The D player of the year was from Mt. Saint Mary's.

Maybe Fr of the year? I thought he had  another accolade 

Edited by khoock